'Deep Discontent' so what do you want?

If you watch this thread for long enough you'll see more excuses no doubt. This needs to stop and at school level is where the rot needs to be cut out.

But who will teach the children if everybody is out being successful and rich? Nobody got rich from teaching at school.

Sadly in reality the way the economy is structured creates barriers for most people to achieve what you describe.

Funding a home is one cost. Many people are now in their 40s before they buy a house. I bought my first one in my early 20s. I was lucky. The same thing would be impossible now.

You can't just mindlessly blame people for a situation they can't control.

It is not imposable now as my grandson as done around 3 years ago he is 25 now and he did it without any help just by working hard and saving, if he wants anything he saves up to buy it and does not use credit

But who will teach the children if everybody is out being successful and rich? Nobody got rich from teaching at school.

Successful people who want to give something back of course. You're now trying to make excuses for why it wouldn't be possible to teach children life success classes. Why not be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

---------- Post added 23-05-2014 at 16:34 ----------

It is not imposable now as my grandson as done around 3 years ago he is 25 now and he did it without any help just by working hard and saving, if he wants anything he saves up to buy it and does not use credit

People on here will think your Grandson must be some kind of magician or superman if he achieved this at 25 when their are 40 year olds who haven't managed to buy their own homes yet.

Successful people who want to give something back of course. You're now trying to make excuses for why it wouldn't be possible to teach children life success classes. Why not be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

---------- Post added 23-05-2014 at 16:34 ----------

People on here will think your Grandson must be some kind of magician or superman if he achieved this at 25 when their are 40 year olds who haven't managed to buy their own homes yet.

Depends if the house is fully paid for or not!.............Not long ago you could purchase a flat in Sheffield for 99 quid deposit...suppose even that's a lot to some???

Depends if the house is fully paid for or not!.............Not long ago you could purchase a flat in Sheffield for 99 quid deposit...suppose even that's a lot to some???

No they saved around 10k for the deposit and just went without somethings while they had saved what they wanted.

The country has spoken.

The results are being interpreted as 'deep discontent'

Well I think they got that right. So what do you want? What's the big picture you'd like to see us working towards.

Can you put together a wish list of what you'd like to see happening. This isn't to argue about the practicalities and how it can be done, that can come later.

I'll start:

I'd like to see the gap between rich and poor closing.

A return to 'free' post 18 education and training.

silly question, we know what certain people on heres deep discontent is about

Back on track....

I'd like to see massive investment in University research and development.

I say that because now much basic manufacturing has going to the east, we need to look to the future with new ideas, concepts, materials etc.

And it will also lead hopefully to more proper, well paid jobs, (remember those) which is also on my wish list.

You want to entrust the entire education of our future generations to people who want to "give something back" for a bit?

There will always be jobs which keep the country and it's people running, with no hope for those in those jobs to suddenly or progressively become rich and successful - things like nurses, teachers, the emergency services, soldiers, bin men, plumbers, cleaners, gardeners, caterers and so on. And that's before you include the people who do the work which make the rich and successful, rich and successful.

Some people would say that those people doing those jobs should get a fairer pay to reflect the importance of those jobs to society in general. You appear to think that's people believing "the world owes them a living.".

You're living in la-la land if you think everybody could achieve what the top 5% of the country have, and probably even more loopy if you think it would be desirable.

He's done well for himself.

When I said impossible I was thinking of my own circumstances.

Back on track....

I'd like to see massive investment in University research and development.

I say that because now much basic manufacturing has going to the east, we need to look to the future with new ideas, concepts, materials etc.

And it will also lead hopefully to more proper, well paid jobs, (remember those) which is also on my wish list.

I'm afraid Anna your post is probably well meaning but a little naive! We are not short of research and development in this country! our problem is production costs.there are too many overpaid people in this country both in the private and public sectors.

The eastern countries do not have the high wage and benefit cultures that are sapping the progress of this country!

Archived