'Deep Discontent' so what do you want?

Not necessarily, David Blunkett (third most powerful man in country) came from the Shiregreen, John Prescott (deputy PM) was a ship's steward, and Dennis Skinner started as a miner.

I love old Dennis, what a wonderful human being that bloke is.

Not necessarily, David Blunkett (third most powerful man in country) came from the Shiregreen, John Prescott (deputy PM) was a ship's steward, and Dennis Skinner started as a miner.
And look what pricks they turned out to be!

Yes the last of old Labour.

And the up and coming new kids on the block are?

And look what pricks they turned out to be!

Whatever you think of Skinner, in terms of his Westminster attendance/voting record, expenses record and commitment to his constituents he puts every other MP to shame.

Back on track....

I'd like to see massive investment in University research and development.

I say that because now much basic manufacturing has going to the east, we need to look to the future with new ideas, concepts, materials etc.

And it will also lead hopefully to more proper, well paid jobs, (remember those) which is also on my wish list.

A lot of research is done in the UK..it's the actual manufacturing that we've priced ourselves out of....

I want to see us out of the EU , take back control of our borders and put a stop to uncontrolled mass immigration.

Re my bold.

You are misinformed. There is no such thing!

Look on the bright side...you're already on your way to what you want.

We still do an awful lot of manufacturing as well.
Maybe, but I bet there is more foreign manufactured stuff in most UK houses and driveways than is manufactured here!.............in my lifetime, we once made it all!

The only import I remember as a kid was "Empire- Made" pumps at school.

I love old Dennis, what a wonderful human being that bloke is.

I like him too on a human level, he is a down to earth bloke, but is he serving his constituents well for the 21st century?

Archived