When is ok to fight back?

dont dig hole deeper comes to mind, if police car pulls up and shout put hands up and stand against the wall, 95% normal human will do as they are told unless you are stupid and acting tough
I don't think that's necessarily true. Unless you're used to being in confrontational situations with the police.

Most normal people who know they haven't done anything wrong would protest and attempt to explain the situation. The police never used to behave towards the public like hooligans after a match. I think some of them have been watching too much TV. Too many police dramas and not enough sense?

Well very interesting, and obviously the IN crowd was devoid of a phone, to catch it on camera, too absorbed in the action movie??? Maybe???? Not one part of the incident was recorded which is a bit odd these days, and assume it was a phone free audience of a crowd.

So its good to know one is always on one's own, even in or near a crowd, and as for making a statement down the police station, well that is obviously going far too far.

So because everyone was so absorbed in the police beating, punching, putting the boot in, with an obviously total silent victim, not grunting, screaming in pain, sounds to me that with the use of the truncheon it was a strange fascinating music, with the truncheon keeping up the beat so to speak.

So a ready made pantomime, with the crowd shouting, "he's over there" and the cops saying no he is not, with the retort yes he is and so on, as buttons, blood and bits of flesh fell in all directions, and the by not completely tattered individual led off semi conscious.

It suggests a form of collusion, hence the natural need to confess, but then again its just hearsay, and the so called police driving off into the sunset with a suitable statistic on board and everyone went about their business like it never happened.

I know the excuse, we did not want to get involved, it was not our business, and we did not phone the police at the time to complain, later go down the station, or everyone took out their phones and recorded the details to act both as evidence and constant replay between friends.

Not necessarily. I was dragged from my car and wrongly arrested. On realising the mistake i was released, and left to make my way on foot several miles back to my car. I was only nipping to the local shop.

Whilst it may not be common place, it does happen.

Did you receive a public beating?

OP. Don't believe the story. I have no doubt police give a kicking once in a while "for no apparent reason" but this was in full view of the public? Even the police aren't that stupid surely.

As has been said..no phones? No evidence? No CCTV? Highly dubious story.

Well very interesting, and obviously the IN crowd was devoid of a phone, to catch it on camera, too absorbed in the action movie??? Maybe???? Not one part of the incident was recorded which is a bit odd these days, and assume it was a phone free audience of a crowd.

So its good to know one is always on one's own, even in or near a crowd, and as for making a statement down the police station, well that is obviously going far too far.

So because everyone was so absorbed in the police beating, punching, putting the boot in, with an obviously total silent victim, not grunting, screaming in pain, sounds to me that with the use of the truncheon it was a strange fascinating music, with the truncheon keeping up the beat so to speak.

So a ready made pantomime, with the crowd shouting, "he's over there" and the cops saying no he is not, with the retort yes he is and so on, as buttons, blood and bits of flesh fell in all directions, and the by not completely tattered individual led off semi conscious.

It suggests a form of collusion, hence the natural need to confess, but then again its just hearsay, and the so called police driving off into the sunset with a suitable statistic on board and everyone went about their business like it never happened.

I know the excuse, we did not want to get involved, it was not our business, and we did not phone the police at the time to complain, later go down the station, or everyone took out their phones and recorded the details to act both as evidence and constant replay between friends.

Interesting post if not a little strange and rambling. I didn't say it hadn't been caught on camera but it was. I didn't feel the need to go into too much detail as that's not the point of the post or the thread. The thread is a question. Im trying to determine peoples feelings on when if ever its ok to defend yourself physically against a police officer.

For your information the incident was caught by me and 3 others that i know of. Attempts are going to be made to pass it on to the young man who was assaulted

---------- Post added 24-05-2014 at 19:47 ----------

Did you receive a public beating?

OP. Don't believe the story.

Thats quite alright my friend. The thread isnt really about if you believe me or not. The question still stands when if ever is it acceptable to defend yourself physically against a police officer?

Do you think its ever appropriate?

Notice. Its not relevant if you believe me or not, as ive said thats not the issue. The question ive asked is whats important :)

I know the excuse, we did not want to get involved, it was

not our business, and we did not phone the police at the time to complain, later go down the station, or everyone took out their phones and recorded the details to act both as evidence and constant replay between friends.

Flipping heck mate.

Do you always post after you have been drinking?

Archived