When is ok to fight back?

Interesting post if not a little strange and rambling. I didn't say it hadn't been caught on camera but it was. I didn't feel the need to go into too much detail as that's not the point of the post or the thread. The thread is a question. Im trying to determine peoples feelings on when if ever its ok to defend yourself physically against a police officer.

For your information the incident was caught by me and 3 others that i know of. Attempts are going to be made to pass it on to the young man who was assaulted

---------- Post added 24-05-2014 at 19:47 ----------

Thats quite alright my friend. The thread isnt really about if you believe me or not. The question still stands when if ever is it acceptable to defend yourself physically against a police officer?

Do you think its ever appropriate?

Notice. Its not relevant if you believe me or not, as ive said thats not the issue. The question ive asked is whats important :)

Go on proof me wrong by posting the clip,

Thats quite alright my friend. The thread isnt really about if you believe me or not. The question still stands when if ever is it acceptable to defend yourself physically against a police officer?

Do you think its ever appropriate?

Notice. Its not relevant if you believe me or not, as ive said thats not the issue. The question ive asked is whats important :)

It's a forum where people swap ideas, opinions, information. In order to relate (even in cyber space) one has to feel comfortable in the belief of those you're debating with. If you create your op on the basis of a scenario then all fine and well..but you didn't, it was created on personal experience which IMO is a figment of your imagination, which is disingenuous. That being the case then your the issue is far deeper and complex.

In answer to your question on a scenario basis only..You can respond any time you're being physically assaulted by fighting back. Why does defending yourself have to be defined by including police? IMO it should be acceptable to defend yourself from anyone who physically attacks you regardless of who it is.

If you have evidence x4 then put it up..that way you'll get a much better appraisal rather than guessing what really did happen..or as I suspect...didn't happen.

To be honest, i believe the OP's story.

As an avid "Town Go'wer" I've seen this happen on multiple occasions and also had it happen to myself once.

I was in queue for a night club, and the next thing I hear is someone shout "Oii GINGE" (Because of my Ginger hair colour). I turned around to see 2 police officers running towards me, one pushed me against the wall and applied a great deal of pressure scraping my face on the wall. I was then pulled to the floor and restrained to whilst one police officer applied pressure on my back very heavily it felt like he was going to break my back.

The only reason it stopped is when the bouncer from the club came round the corner and informed the police that it wasn't me that was causing a fight, it was some one else with Ginger hair.

I didn't even get an apology, by the time i was able to get off the floor the police had already gone.

This must be a common thing down town. I see it all the time.

Ive seen it too. Man jumped on by about 8 police officers my house. They continued to beat him long after he was clearly restrained. No idea why but the force was very excessive.

The police can be brutal and excessive and nine times out of ten get away scot free.

It will not happen, there is so many camera phone and cctv around, those policeman are not stupid and risk their job for a little fun, wish people wouldnt post what their imagine in they head after a few on here and think it is real. it is laughable

I am a supporter of the police in the main, but I feel the OP is probably on balance telling the truth. But as he states this is off topic.

Yes everyone should have the right to defend themselves, particularly in their own home. However without any proof the courts are likely to take the word of the bouncers and the police against you. I think it is a crime in itself resisting arrest so perhaps the best thing to do would not to protest physically against the police. However hard this may be.

Probably more to this tale than is being told. Police do not do that without due reason.

Yes, they do. They absolutely do.

How often do you go out on a Friday/Saturday night? As mentioned previously - i see this very often.

Yes, they do. They absolutely do.

How often do you go out on a Friday/Saturday night? As mentioned previously - i see this very often.

Rubbish. What you see on the whole is drunks getting mouthy and violent simply because they're unable to control the effect of drinking . Once violent then the police have no option but to become forceful.

The fact you've pointed towards "Friday/Saturday night?" is a dead give-away.

Archived