When is ok to fight back?

You must have missread the part where i stated i passed on my information and the video from my phone. Im not sure what you mean by empty discussion im afraid.

This. A post on here achieves nothing. It doesn't matter whether we believe you, disbelieve you, think it's okay or not. Nothing happens.

If you care, and you have evidence, then I can't see why you haven't reported it yourself.

Or indeed given it to the press, or just put it on youtube.

This. A post on here achieves nothing. It doesn't matter whether we believe you, disbelieve you, think it's okay or not. Nothing happens.

If you care, and you have evidence, then I can't see why you haven't reported it yourself.

Or indeed given it to the press, or just put it on youtube.

Im not one for putting things on Youtube. It was quite a bad assault one that would have certainly got lots of views but what good would that have done? Also im not the victim. I was just there. If the victim chooses to put the footage online thats up to him but its not a decision i feel i could have made myself. I mean what about the poor mans privacy?

Just because something can be uploaded for the masses doesn't mean it should be.

---------- Post added 02-06-2014 at 09:56 ----------

you are joking????

I think he was, yes. He made quite a few jokes posts on this thread. Sadly none of them were funny :(

What good would it have done to expose police assaulting someone?

Well, I suppose it would guarantee an investigation and the prosecution of those officers, hopefully preventing them ever doing it again and making it clear to any other officers who might do the same that they will be held to account.

But other than that, yeah, nothing.

And what about you making a complaint to the IPCC, you're not doing that because of the man's privacy as well?

Is the man even identifiable in a video taken on a phone from some distance?

• 2 weeks later...
What good would it have done to expose police assaulting someone?

Well, I suppose it would guarantee an investigation and the prosecution of those officers, hopefully preventing them ever doing it again and making it clear to any other officers who might do the same that they will be held to account.

But other than that, yeah, nothing.

And what about you making a complaint to the IPCC, you're not doing that because of the man's privacy as well?

Is the man even identifiable in a video taken on a phone from some distance?

Its a shame you seem intent on turning what could be a good subject into and investigation into my actions.

All I was intending to do was to show that your outrage at what happened didn't extend far enough to actually do anything about it.

Or get you to do something about it. Either works for me.

But i did do something about it. Ive told you that already but for some unfathomable reason you seem to be ignoring that. :)

The things you've done are the least possible effective ones you could do.

You felt strongly enough to post on the forum, but not enough to make an official complaint to the IPCC and in respect for the privacy of a blurry face from a distance you won't post the video for anyone to see.

Forgive me if that makes me suspicious.

The things you've done are the least possible effective ones you could do.

You felt strongly enough to post on the forum, but not enough to make an official complaint to the IPCC and in respect for the privacy of a blurry face from a distance you won't post the video for anyone to see.

Forgive me if that makes me suspicious.

So now its about degree? You have been proven wrong on your first argument and yet i see no apology is forthcoming and so you move tact. As for your suspicion well im afraid i cant help you with that.

If your interfering in an arrest, it isn't considered unprovoked. It doesn't matter if your a upstanding member of the public or just his mate which is trying to get him off the hook or start something. Police aren't physic, they don't know you and their frequently in situations where arresting one person they get aggro from others, which sometimes leads to potentially dangerous situations.

It may have seemed reasonable from your point of view, but the police base their actions on what they know at the time. They don't have much time to think or second guess in situations like this.

In this case it would have been better to let it be and then try to speak to a officer still on scene after (being pushed I'm assume this was still during the arrest). If it's a city environment, like in Sheffield, there will be night club camera's and plenty of others camera's on the street which are also monitored live - they can be used in evidence, as well as any footage from personal camera's at the scene.

Many actual criminals plead their innocence when arrested. Wouldn't be great if they just said ' Oh sorry sir, on your way then' to everyone who spouted 'I didn't do it'

So now its about degree? You have been proven wrong on your first argument and yet i see no apology is forthcoming and so you move tact. As for your suspicion well im afraid i cant help you with that.

Did I make an argument that could be proven wrong? I thought I'd just asked you a question.

Archived