Dangerous rubbish at RT propaganda.

OP, If you don't like it don't watch it.

Personally I like to hear as many sides to every story as I can. Even the unpalatable stuff - Osborne, Griffin, Blair, le Pen, Kim Jong-un, all of the crap.

Never demand censorship of political views. Once you do you become a useful idiot to the establishment.

Nice OP. Thinks a few have missed that Erebus is being ironic and facetious.

It is ironic that RT reminds us that all news media is unbalanced in one way or another.

Or is irony that thing just next to maganesiumy on the periodic table...?

I had no idea what RT was, so I googled and found out this -

RT, previously known as Russia Today, is an international multilingual Russian-based television network created in 2005.

... Funded by the Russian government. The new Pravda.

... Funded by the Russian government. The new Pravda.

So why so many American program makers, university professors, academics, and experts on the RUSSIAN Propaganda machine as we are told it is?

Why do they investigate the news, why historical perspectives, and why are they so well informed?

How come the Geordie gets to be reporting the news from all over the place?

When is the propaganda suppose to start, when is the message massaged and repeated, west is bad Russia good? They investigate far too much, prefer the simplistic BBC with its comforting them and us approach to everything.

So why so many American program makers, university professors, academics, and experts on the RUSSIAN Propaganda machine as we are told it is?

Why do they investigate the news, why historical perspectives, and why are they so well informed?

When is the propaganda suppose to start, when is the message massaged and repeated, west is bad Russia good? They investigate far too much, prefer the simplistic BBC with its comforting them and us approach to everything.

I can't remember any BBC reporters quitting and complaining that their stories were not being broadcast because it didn't fit in with the governments view of what should be broadcast.

Apparently the Russian government pays well & the cold war finished.

You've been told by Putin himself that he owns it... http://eng.kremlin.ru/news/5571

Certainly the channel is funded by the government, so it cannot help but reflect the Russian government’s official position on the events in our country and in the rest of the world one way or another.

Why wouldn't they?

Who? What?

Show me some RT stories about journalists being assassinated in Russia...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia

The international non-profit, non-governmental organization that promotes and defends freedom of information and freedom of the press Reporters without borders publish an index every year where they list countries in order of how free the press is there.

The UK and US have both never been outside the top 50, whilst Russia has never been anywhere near the top 100.

In Russia media outlets are frequently closed down due to government pressure, and as anywebsite pointed out being a journalist in Russia is a pretty dangerous job.

---------- Post added 26-05-2014 at 16:44 ----------

I can't remember any BBC reporters quitting and complaining that their stories were not being broadcast because it didn't fit in with the governments view of what should be broadcast.

Quite, can you imagine Russia Today having sections on their websites like this either?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/helpandfeedback/corrections_clarifications/index.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/foi/

Of course, Reporters sans frontiers is totally without bias, being located in Paris and Washington DC and having over four million dollars revenue a year from the sale of merchandise in France and the US. Also having anonymous donations in the hundreds of thousands of dollars to pay their staff over one million dollars a year.

Also they use the EU charter as their framework and are not recognised outside of the US or EU.

Finally, most US citizens alive today were brought up on a diet of the Soviet Union and communism being evil. Mostly the fault of the Soviet Union I will admit, but this now leaves us with a legacy of irrational fear of Russians amongst the American policy makers and public.

Simple fact is. Do your own investigation with an open mind and remember everyone has the same fears and hopes as you. Russia are our neighbours, the United States are not. All states will act only in their own self interest. Fact.

Well if you dug a bit deeper you would have discovered the reporters were not quite as they appeared, they had impressive connections to the CIA.

Abbey Martin a reporter of RT was approached by Newsnight and Channel 4 news, she was informed she could not talk outside certain parameters by the BBC, and had to follow a precise script for the independent one. She is AMERICAN and broadcasts from Washington, which just happens to be in the USA.

So check you stories, do a bit of research before you throw stones in glass houses, but everyone has the right to demand being noticed for blatant stupidity, and I too hold such a degree in that subject.

The only channel I've seen which can even begin to rival them for sheer bile and dishonesty is Fox News.

The broadcasters at RT are the worst kind of toadies and hypocrites, whinging on incessantly about how bad everything in the West is, whilst pointedly ignoring their own massive problems of corruption and oppression. Their real gripe is not that the west is morally dubious, but that it still can exert the kind of global influence to which Russia aspires, and god help us if that day ever comes round.

Archived