Dangerous rubbish at RT propaganda.

Nice OP. Thinks a few have missed that Erebus is being ironic and facetious.

It is ironic that RT reminds us that all news media is unbalanced in one way or another.

Or is irony that thing just next to maganesiumy on the periodic table...?

Trying to be ironic and facetious, instead just coming across as a nut.

The only channel I've seen which can even begin to rival them for sheer bile and dishonesty is Fox News.

The broadcasters at RT are the worst kind of toadies and hypocrites, whinging on incessantly about how bad everything in the West is, whilst pointedly ignoring their own massive problems of corruption and oppression. Their real gripe is not that the west is morally dubious, but that it still can exert the kind of global influence to which Russia aspires, and god help us if that day ever comes round.

Well could you provide examples of this please, or is this an example of watching both in the adverts. FOX news???? Certainly not on freeview, where did you study this, to get your facts from? What does Russia aspire to, please tell us, I wish to know, maybe I missed something.

Well could you provide examples of this please, or is this an example of watching both in the adverts. FOX news???? Certainly not on freeview, where did you study this, to get your facts from? What does Russia aspire to, please tell us, I wish to know, maybe I missed something.

I wasn't aware it was neccessary to study the subject matter at university level and provide a referenced bibliography to accompany posts on SF. Perhaps you are suffering from delusions of grandeur?

I wasn't aware it was neccessary to study the subject matter at university level and provide a referenced bibliography to accompany posts on SF. Perhaps you are suffering from delusions of grandeur?

As in which programs DONKEY! Making sweeping statements suggest you are familiar with RT, if not very familiar, you do not have to be university level, just tabloid will do, as surely you can name a program or two, or even a person or two who spouts this bile you state against the west.

Maybe you are confusing RT with Norh Korea, or the USSR in the 20th century?

Maybe you are confusing RT with Norh Korea, or the USSR in the 20th century?

You're the one that's confused, if you think RT is an improvement on USSR broadcasters. The only difference is that now they've got loads more money from Putin and his buddies.

Erebus does have a point. Unless you can name individual shows on RT and critique them it's pointless making sweeping statements about how much influence the Russian government has on the channel. It's clear when you watch it that there is a wide range on political opinion. Some more dubious than others.

It's like saying Fox news and Family Guy are the same show (both on Fox).

Try watching Larry King, reports from Rory Suchet (yes, David's son) or the hilarious Keiser Report (unless you actually like city bankers) and then come back.

Unless, of course, you're just trolling against Erebus to make you feel better in some perverse way. In that case, shame on you.

Erebus does have a point. Unless you can name individual shows on RT and critique them it's pointless making sweeping statements about how much influence the Russian government has on the channel.

What about direct quotes from first hand sources who worked there?

Only a couple of months ago one of their newsreaders resigned because of the whitewashing of what was going on in Ukraine.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/russia-today-anchor-resigns-lives-on-air-in-response-to-whitewashed-ukraine-coverage-9172818.html

"personally I cannot be part of a network funded by the Russian government that whitewashes the actions of Putin. I'm proud to be an American and believe in disseminating the truth, and that is why, after this newscast, I'm resigning.”

Wahl later told The Daily Beast that she had been planning the move for some time, saying that her editorial independence had been repeatedly compromised by her superiors and that employees at RT who deviated from the Russian government’s ‘narrative’ were punished.

"In order to succeed there you don’t question," said Wahl.

---------- Post added 31-05-2014 at 14:56 ----------

It's like saying Fox news and Family Guy are the same show (both on Fox).

No it isn't.

Archived