£30M of UK child benefit goes to EU families

Why would the UK take their money what they pay into the pot and get nothing out of it?...........why should immigrants subsidse the UK unemployed for instance?

Immigrants don't have to come here so they wouldn't have to subsidise UK unemployed and many take out far more than they put in.

---------- Post added 28-05-2014 at 10:20 ----------

The amount of times I've said that to you on other threads!:hihi:

Why does that matter?

Thats because you think you are looking at the big picture when in fact all you are doing is looking a the part of the picture that reflects your opinion.

---------- Post added 28-05-2014 at 10:22 ----------

Why does that matter?

It matters a lot if you are claiming you didn't get enough money from the state.

---------- Post added 28-05-2014 at 10:23 ----------

Are you saying that me and my partner shouldn't get tax-credits over my income despite the fact that we massively over-pay the government for what we get back in return?

Are you suggesting that all we should do is shut up and pay for the right to live in this pleasant land - a right with no rights compared to the British?

Yes, if you choose to come here to live you should be able to support your self and your family.

If my income was lower, indeed I would.

As it happens, I don't mind (although I am still miffed at the way it's been done: we don't get them because of my income and my Mrs is stay-at-home, but neighbours with a higher combined income still get them, because neither of them is above the cut-off threshold).

That's exactly it. Then Zamo wondered why, if this situation came to be (as an eventual consequence of a UK exit), I'd choose to give the UK the rods and go subsidise another country :hihi:

People dismissing the impact of this narrative haven't got a clue, the number of people I work with that are increasingly considering ditching their posts here to work in countries with a much more sensible attitude to immigration is growing daily, if you want to see UK Universities drop of a cliff than carry on making it ridiculously difficult for foreign talent to come and work here and on top of that create an unequal reward system. In my department alone over the past five years 6 colleagues have left for the States, Australia, China!!! and Malaysia. That is out of what, 25 academic colleagues?

Bring it on trolls, say: Leave, we won't miss you! At which point I will explain that a large proportion of University staff in Sheffield is foreign, that most money made in that University comes from overseas students (who incidentally contribute 100 million a year to Sheffields' economy, that only 3 of the top 20 richest people in this country are British and that the bankers that make London tick come from all over the world.

---------- Post added 28-05-2014 at 10:27 ----------

Yes, if you choose to come here to live you should be able to support your self and your family.

So you are in favour of inequality?

So you are in favour of inequality?

Inequality exists throughout the world, throughout the EU and throughout the UK. But changing our current immigration system and entitlement to benefits can at least make it a little more equal.

Immigrants don't have to come here so they wouldn't have to subsidise UK unemployed and many take out far more than they put in.

That's missing the point,many immigrants do come to the UK and make a positive contribution,why would they have money taken from them to subsidise the UK unemployment benefits for instance?

Inequality exists throughout the world, throughout the EU and throughout the UK. But changing our current immigration system and entitlement to benefits can at least make it a little more equal.

:loopy: equal for whom?

That's a bit like saying, the NHS is really busy, but if we just allow men we can make it fairer for them.

That's missing the point,many immigrants do come to the UK and make a positive contribution,why would they have money taken from them to subsidise the UK unemployment benefits for instance?

I can't think of a single reason why a non British worker working in Britain should have the same benefits rights as the British.

I can't think of a single reason why a non British worker working in Britain should have the same benefits rights as the British.

Thats because you think you are looking at the big picture when in fact all you are doing is looking a the part of the picture that reflects your opinion.

I think I pretty much had it with these threads even though I don't come here often. Same old rubbish, same old players...

1st, 2nd or 3rd generation migrants arguing SOME sense and then the UKIP army slamming it down with the same old tiresome rhetoric.

Particularly that Zamo guy which never ever makes any sense. Wish there was an IGNORE button next to his posts.

Nothing personal just sick of blatant stinking xenophobia and the blaming EU for rubbish British politics.

Get over yourself, go to work, you'll have less time to spend here vomiting your lack of comfort to anything foreign. Be productive. Outclass the foreigners who could "steal" your job.

The vast majority of people agree with me. I believe the last poll on peoples views re immigration showed 77% wanted it reduced and controled.

I have no objection to bleeding hearts like yourself setting up a fund to sponsor immigrants but leave the taxpayer out of it.

£30m!!! OMG!!!! That is almost one hundreth of one percent of the £400 billion it cost to bail the banks out (leaving aside the fact it probably isn't true anyway).

What I'm wondering is, will I still be entitled to emigrate to another European country if these little Englanders get their way?

What would you think if counties could make the same argument.

Could you think of a single reason why someone from Lancashire should have the same benefit rights as a local when they've moved to Yorkshire?

Archived