Last Laugh Comedy Club Special at the Lescar Thur 29 May

sheffcomedy

The Last Laugh Comedy Club is back at the Lescar with another cracking line up. Rich Wilson hosts a bumper packed bill of quality professional acts. Confirmed are Gerry K, Javier Jarquin and award winning Last Laugh legend Jason Cook makes a welcome return.

Date – Thur 31 May – Doors 8pm Show 8 30pm

Venue – Lescar, Sharrowvale Road, Sheffield S11 8ZF

Tickets - £8 / £5 NUS http://www.wegottickets.com/sheffieldcomedy

RICH WILSON

Rich Wilson has loved comedy ever since his older nextdoor neighbour gave him a cassette of Eddie Murphy-Delirious."It was the most mind blowing thing I'd ever heard.My young ears had never heard language like it."

His comedy asperations lay dorment until he got a job as a barman at a comedy club in Greenwich,South London,called Up The Creek.

"It was the most amazing job ever.I was in awe of the comics that appeared every weekend."

After getting friendly with a few of the comics,a couple of them suggested that he should give comedy a go himself and so in October of 2004,Rich took his first tentative steps out onto the comedy circuit at a club called The Bullingdon.

"I was booked to do five minutes and I managed about two and a half before I legged it. I've never known fear like it."

Since then Rich hasn't looked back.He is a regular at all the major comedy clubs up and down the country including Jongleurs,The Comedy Cafe and The Big Night Out,to name but a few.

As well as being able to deliver a good strong set,with subject matters ranging from being a young father to observational material on the obsurdities of life in general,he is rapidly becoming one of the most in demand comperes in the country with his ability to think on his feet and tame even the toughest of crowds with his likeable, charming manner.

With Rich Wilson you are guaranteed a fantastic evening of top class entertainment.

"Highly entertaining"-Time Out.

"He's a very very funny man"-Frank Skinner.

"I thoroughly enjoyed myself."-Damon Hill, ex Formula One.

"He looks like a fat Noel Fielding"-Audience member, Jongleurs Battersea.

Video clip -

JAVIER JARQUIN

Winner - The Press Critics Choice Award 'Best National Artist' World Buskers Festival 2012

WINNER – 'Best Show Wellington' The New Zealand International Comedy Festival 2010

After appearing on television and playing and headlining some of the biggest clubs in Australia and New Zealand Javier Jarquin moved to the UK in 2010 where he has established himself as a circuit regular and headline act around the country and in mainland Europe.

He has performed on the same bill with top names such as Jimmy Carr, Stewart Lee, Jo Brand and Paul Daniels. He is also well known for his CARD NINJA act.

“He's gonna be a star” - William Burdett-Coutts (Producer of Black Books / Artistic Director of Assembly Theatre)

“Jarquin is seriously talented when it comes to working a crowd” - The Stage

“High calibre throughout” - The Morning Star

“Jarquin draws in the audience like an industrial magnet” - SG Fringe

“Brilliantly entertaining performance” - The Edinburgh Reporter

“Kept the audience laughing throughout” - The Edinburgh Spotlight

“Fresh, funny and unique” - The Press (NZ)

GERRY K

“Easily the best act on the night. He read the room brilliantly” Ed Walker

Anecdotal, observational and refreshingly honest, Gerry’s performed across the UK and abroad at The Comedy Club, Jongleurs, The Comedy Store, CKP and many more top circuit venues, not to mention winning his honours along the way; The Comedy Store’s ‘King Gong’, Metrolife Comedy Newcomer, and The Comedy Café’s Best Newcomer Awards. As an in-demand headline act on the comedy circuit, Gerry also performs regularly at many corporate events. Seen his face before? Gerry’s performed on FHM Comedy Heroes (Ch4 – 2010), acted on The Bill (ITV) and Angelo’s (Ch5) plus even hosted the football forum with Jeff Stelling and Rodney Marsh for Zoo Magazine…that might have something to do with it!

“Gerry was fab and everyone thought so. He was very patient when things moved to the right slightly. I have only heard good things from the night and my boss thought he was very good and he is hard to please. Thank Gerry on mine and my guests behalf, he was fab.” 92 Squadron. Hullavington

“Gerry K was also very, very good. I think that this was definitely the best show I have attended at Worcester.” Worcester Warriors

JASON COOK

Be ready for pretty much anything when Jason Cook takes to the stage. Behind his cheerful Geordie exterior lurks a dark, sharp comedic mind capable of taking an unsuspecting audience to places they didn’t want to go. Jason has a way of presenting true-to-life stories that drag you in and won’t let go, close to the edge but always intriguing and blessed with the sort of charm that’ll have you laughing in spite of yourself.

At the same time Jason can cater to any audience with his prolific writing and irresistible charm.

Jason was first bitten by the comedic bug as part of the renowned Newcastle based sketch troupe known simply as Soup. He then went on to make a name for himself around the Tyneside area, most notably his time spent as a regular compere at The Hyena Club. There is no better place to hone comedic talent than in front of 300 baying punters, many of whom look capable of eating their own young.

In 2007, Jason took his first solo stand up show to the fringe, selling out for the bulk of the run, and earning 5 star reviews. He then embarked on a sell out world tour and scooped the coveted “Best International Show” at the New Zealand International Comedy Festival, an award previously won by Eddie Izzard and Stephen K Amos.

In 2008 he returned with to the Fringe with “Joy”, earning MORE five star reviews and selling out the run to the point that extra shows had to be added to cope with demand. Another world tour of “Joy” sold out the New Zealand Comedy Festival and once again, we were forced to add extra shows to keep up with the sheer numbers of people wanting to see the show.

Jason was also invited to the Adelaide Fringe Festival where he hosted the entire season of the prestigious “Best of The Edinburgh Fest” showcase for the month.

2009 saw him return to the Fringe with “FEAR”, another show based on the trials and tribulations of his own life, the 5 star reviews rolled in once more and, once again, he was off around the world with further invites to the most prestigious comedy festivals on the planet. In 2010 he followed up with “The End – Part 1” to yet more critical acclaim and another world tour. “Jason Cook’s latest show is a wonderfully life-affirming, beautifully crafted, total and utter joy. My jaw aches from laughing. “ 5 Stars. Time Out, London.

In 2012 Jason’s sitcom “Hebburn” was commissioned by the BBC for a full series on BBC2. Vic Reeves, Gina Mckee, Chris Ramsey and Fresh Meat’s Kimberley Nixon joined the cast in a story based on Jason’s own life and upbringing in the South Tyneside town of Hebburn. Now on its 2nd series and a Christmas special.

It is Jason’s style of being completely honest about everything he talks about in his shows that have endeared him to the public, earning an army of fans and invites to perform across the globe. His ability to lift an entire audience, from 150 to 3000 people, an carry them on his journeys, is unparalleled and has seen him rise to stand shoulder to shoulder with the cream of the international comedy stars.

It is Jason’s style of being completely honest about everything he talks about in his shows that have endeared him to the public, earning an army of fans and invites to perform across the globe. His ability to lift an entire audience, from 150 to 3000 people, an carry them on his journeys, is unparalleled and has seen him rise to stand shoulder to shoulder with the cream of the international comedy stars.

“the best MC this side of anywhere…. Geordie genius” – Tim Arthur, Time Out, London

“Jason Cook’s latest show is a wonderfully life-affirming, beautifully crafted, total and utter joy. My jaw aches from laughing. ” Reviewed by Tim Arthur Time Out

“Few people have his warmth and spontaneity; it’s an act you’d gladly watch again and again.”

Reviewed by Bernard O’Leary the Skinny

“THE unexpected find of the Fringe.” The Scotsman

VIDEO CLIP -

Archived