Rolf Harris guilty of indecent assaults

If you'd have read your link it says:

It raises the prospect that his victims could sue for compensation, putting at risk his £11 million fortune.

So no victims are actually talking about claiming damages, it's just speculation.

If you read it all youll see that compensation lawyers have been contacted.

I doubt they are just sounding them out.

---------- Post added 01-07-2014 at 15:35 ----------

They same lawyers who are trying to gain compensation from savilles estate will do the same to rolf harris, id be very surprised if they didnt but we will see i suppose.

They same lawyers who are trying to gain compensation from savilles estate will do the same to rolf harris.....

So your sympathies are with the sex offenders. I see.

---------- Post added 01-07-2014 at 15:40 ----------

I was a teen in the 60's so 'unempowered.' I was 'groped' quite a few times by young men (and older) chancing their arm, including one particular employer. I told them where to get off.

Who should I sue?

I was brought up in an era of carry on films, where groping was the norm. :)

Some people grew up during World War 2 when genocide was the norm. Do you think it should carry on unpunished?

---------- Post added 01-07-2014 at 15:42 ----------

It's now open season on Rolf Harris.

Those poor convicted sex offenders.

If you read it all youll see that compensation lawyers have been contacted.

I doubt they are just sounding them out.

---------- Post added 01-07-2014 at 15:35 ----------

They same lawyers who are trying to gain compensation from savilles estate will do the same to rolf harris, id be very surprised if they didnt but we will see i suppose.

Maybe it could be people taking legal advice as to whether or not it's worth making a complaint to the police? Anyway, why are you showing empathy towards the abusers rather than the victims by focusing on any potential false allegations rather than being horrified by the enormity of the abuse that carried out.

Like i said. Time will tell.

What you said doesnt make any sense to me, of course its worth making a complaint to the police if its justice you are after!, regardless of what a lawyer says!

---------- Post added 01-07-2014 at 16:12 ----------

Maybe it could be people taking legal advice as to whether or not it's worth making a complaint to the police? Anyway, why are you showing empathy towards the abusers rather than the victims by focusing on any potential false allegations rather than being horrified by the enormity of the abuse that carried out.

Im as horrified as the next person as ive already said if you look on my previous posts. No empathy towards genuine abusers and every sympathy for genuine victims.

Its a cheap shot to try and label my questioning of how this is unfolding as me being a sympathiser!

Trying to discredit me doesnt strengthen your arguement.

Edited by yellowperil

Well ... I started with the idea he might be innocent ...

and have read a lot about the case and...

... I am pretty sure at least one of the charges is nonsense

How can they find him guilty of being at an event in Portsmouth that never happened?

How can a witness not know if it's 1975 or 1978...?

As Columbo would say We cant have criminals convicted on the wrong evidence...

However, the more I've read of the evidence of the main charge the more I have to admit with a heavy heart that I think he was about noncing.

Even if he didn't give his friend's daughter a blow job at 15 which is what is claimed as effectively a legal guardian on that holiday when she was 13 he was supposedly in loco parentis. As presumably he was when she came for sleepovers.

So making sexual remarks...?

I mean would you take someone else's kid on holiday with you at all?

Like ever? My idea of hell.

Of course there are questions regarding cross-admissability of the evidence but... well...

As Sam Spade would say - many of the things that came up in evidence seem like nothing much on their own ... but look at the number of them.

What you said doesnt make any sense to me, of course its worth making a complaint to the police if its justice you are after!, regardless of what a lawyer says!

So you are unable to put yourself in a victims position where they would want to know if their allegations would have a reasonable chance of success, before they opened themselves up to all the problems of having to go through the process of making a complaint.

Even if he didn't give his friend's daughter a blow job at 15..............

His friends daughter was a gender bender was she??

His friends daughter was a gender bender was she??

What's gender bending about giving a girl a blow job?

Or have I made a gramatical error...? It happens.

One reason many sex abusers prefer blow jobs on those under age than straight sex is blow jobs with the under aged didn't count as rape till 2003.

The main charges by Bindi's friend are actually

4 that he indecently assaulted her when she was 15

2 oral sex on her against her will before she was 16

1 indecent assaulted her in a swimming pool when she was 19.

So a little more than slap and tickle

---------- Post added 01-07-2014 at 16:43 ----------

How does the name Yewtree link to celebrities?

In case you still haven't worked it out Yewtrees are planted in churchyards because the berries are poisonous. It's a sort of pun on Jimmy Savile's grave.