Rolf Harris guilty of indecent assaults

So you are unable to put yourself in a victims position where they would want to know if their allegations would have a reasonable chance of success, before they opened themselves up to all the problems of having to go through the process of making a complaint.

Most people who are victims of crime phone the police, not a lawyer to see if they are in with a chance at prosecution!

Given that hes already been found guilty of the same offences id think it was a fair assumption youve got a chance of success.

If thats what you want to believe then thats ok with me,like i said before,time will tell.

Most people who are victims of crime phone the police, not a lawyer to see if they are in with a chance at prosecution!

Given that hes already been found guilty of the same offences id think it was a fair assumption youve got a chance of success.

If thats what you want to believe then thats ok with me,like i said before,time will tell.

Well, this is the problem with "corroboration by volume". The rules of how many charges can be put on a charge sheet were significantly changed in 1991 and that is one reason we're seeing more of these cases now ...it's not just Yewtree. Are there dangers in these kind of prosecutions? Well obviously ... but there had to be some attempt at improvement on the old system of never catching anyone at all much...?

...and Stuart Hall was cleared of 14 rapes and 4 indecent assults generated by fortune hunters cashing in at his second trial. So not all the fortune hunters get their pot of gold. British justice - What could possibly go wrong?

To be honest maybe people would rather take a qualified legal opinion than the opinion of a random bloke off the internet.

Except that Harris' victims did contact the police first. This resulted in a trial which resulted in guilty verdicts. Sometimes you have to state the bleeding obvious to the less than mentally sharp.

Except that Harris' victims did contact the police first. This resulted in a trial which resulted in guilty verdicts. Sometimes you have to state the bleeding obvious to the less than mentally sharp.

Who rattled your cage. My statement was an answer to another posters question.

If you yourself were mentally sharp. Youd have worked that out!

Reading the thread helps, not just isolated comments.

Youve taken what was written out of context and re-enforced the point i was making. Thanks.

---------- Post added 01-07-2014 at 19:36 ----------

To be honest maybe people would rather take a qualified legal opinion than the opinion of a random bloke off the internet.

I wasnt taking about my opinion though. I would think the general consensus would be that once he has been found guilty its more than likely youd be succesfull.

The police would go through the cps or lawyers on your behalf and advise you anyway. No need for you to go to a lawyer at all as far as i can see.

the clues in the name, yewtree, it was set up after the jimmy saville case to investigate other possible "celebrityx involvement

Now this one is going to run and run.

I heard on the 6 'O clock news, BBC radio 4, 1st July 2014 that someone, (can't remember his name but it was someone important) is asking for an enquiry into a possible paedophile ring in Westminster, that he accuses of covering up for Cyril Smith's paedophile activities during the 80s. Some are still alive, and some are still active in political circles.

Now I wonder if that will hit the mainstream news channels?

Edited by Anna B

Now this one this going to run and run.

I heard on the 6 'O clock news, BBC radio 4, 1st July 2014 that someone, (can't remember his name but it was someone important) is asking for an enquiry into a possible paedophile ring in Westminster, that he accuses of covering up for Cyril Smith's paedophile activities during the 80s. Some are still alive, and some are still active in political circles.

Now I wonder if that will hit the mainstream news channels?

So you consider Radio 4 not to be a mainstream news channel?

So you consider Radio 4 not to be a mainstream news channel?

The merest possibility of a paedophile case usually gets the media in a frenzy. It's all over the news, papers, everywhere, and it was one of the main headline stories on Radio 4. I just think it strange that there wasn't a mention of it on the main channel.