Rolf Harris guilty of indecent assaults

What makes it more unbelievable is Harris, fronted a campaign years ago against abuse. It showed him yesterday on TV and he was running his hand up & down the presenters arm, she didn't like it you could tell.

Stuart Hall, Rolf Harris are people I and others grew up loving, now those illusions are well and truly shattered. As for Jimmy Savile what most surprised me about him was, I always thought he was gay.

Well its on the front page of the BBC Website what more do you want?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28113517

Pretty crap cover up - being on the main Radio news and front of the website eh?

Perhaps they've taken a leaf from Jimmy Saville's book and they're hiding in plain sight?

---------- Post added 01-07-2014 at 20:17 ----------

What makes it more unbelievable is Harris, fronted a campaign years ago against abuse. It showed him yesterday on TV and he was running his hand up & down the presenters arm, she didn't like it you could tell.

It's worse, the campaign was his idea as well, and he produced it!

Perhaps they've taken a leaf from Jimmy Saville's book and they're hiding in plain sight?

---------- Post added 01-07-2014 at 20:17 ----------

It's worse, the campaign was his idea as well, and he produced it!

Makes your skin crawl

Well ... I started with the idea he might be innocent ...

and have read a lot about the case and...

... I am pretty sure at least one of the charges is nonsense

How can they find him guilty of being at an event in Portsmouth that never happened?

How can a witness not know if it's 1975 or 1978...?

As Columbo would say We cant have criminals convicted on the wrong evidence...

However, the more I've read of the evidence of the main charge the more I have to admit with a heavy heart that I think he was about noncing.

Even if he didn't give his friend's daughter a blow job at 15 which is what is claimed as effectively a legal guardian on that holiday when she was 13 he was supposedly in loco parentis. As presumably he was when she came for sleepovers.

So making sexual remarks...?

I mean would you take someone else's kid on holiday with you at all?

Like ever? My idea of hell.

Of course there are questions regarding cross-admissability of the evidence but... well...

As Sam Spade would say - many of the things that came up in evidence seem like nothing much on their own ... but look at the number of them.

At least that is a considered opinion of someone who knows a little bit more about the case than just the newspaper headlines.

Respect Sir.

Stuart Hall, Rolf Harris are people I and others grew up loving, now those illusions are well and truly shattered. As for Jimmy Savile what most surprised me about him was, I always thought he was gay.

And for the love of god, please tell me who the (dark haired female) presenter was - it's been bugging me all day!

And there was absolutely no impropriety.

Indeed, its perfectly normal for a DJ/TV presenter and an Australian entertainer to have the run of Broadmoor hospital. :roll:

Indeed, its perfectly normal for a DJ/TV presenter and an Australian entertainer to have the run of Broadmoor hospital. :roll:

Rolf Harris didn't have the run of it. He visited and was with other members of staff while he was there.

Jimmy Saville is a different case entirely. He used to be big pals with many rich, famous and powerful figures, are they all paedophiles too.

It now seems to be enough just to be seen with him to be classed as paedo...

My thoughts exactly but Post 11, which is perhaps the only serious post on that thread, is quite revealing.

Yes, post 11 surprised me as well. But then when you think about it, that a charismatic celebrity tries it on with a member of staff isn't exactly unusual.

But if it was more than one staff member, and when it's a man in his seventies it does begin to get a bit creepy...

Rolf Harris didn't have the run of it. He visited and was with other members of staff while he was there.

Jimmy Saville is a different case entirely. He used to be big pals with many rich, famous and powerful figures, are they all paedophiles too.

It now seems to be enough just to be seen with him to be classed as paedo...

that's not what I read, I've already posted, alledgedly he watched female patients getting undressed