Rolf Harris guilty of indecent assaults

He also sang according to the wireless news, Two little Boys. Talk about a lead balloon.

Phil*

Maybe you are unaware that the song "Two Little Boys" was based on the book by Juliana Horatia Ewing called Jackanapes. Juliana was the daughter of Dr Alfred Gatty, vicar of Ecclesfield from1839 to 1903.

Not many people know that and not many people would want to know that either.

I thought it was odd, the question is was it spontaneous or did he sing it because of advice from his deference lawyer.

Either way it did him no favours with the jury who were reported on Twitter to be "stony faced" during the bizarre rendition

CourtNewsUK @CourtNewsUK

#Rolf apologises for 'waxing a bit too lyrical' in his answers. Is now treating court to rendition of 'Jake The Pegg'. Jurors stony faced

Either way it did him no favours with the jury who were reported on Twitter to be "stony faced" during the bizarre rendition

CourtNewsUK @CourtNewsUK

#Rolf apologises for 'waxing a bit too lyrical' in his answers. Is now treating court to rendition of 'Jake The Pegg'. Jurors stony faced

I bet they were :hihi:

I thought it was odd, the question is was it spontaneous or did he sing it because of advice from his deference lawyer.

Just as well Ken Dodd didn't sing his hit 'Happiness', a few years back when he was in court for tax evasion. He told everyone about his poverished childhood, not that that had anything to do with tax evasion.

Just as well Ken Dodd didn't sing his hit 'Happiness', a few years back when he was in court for tax evasion. He told everyone about his poverished childhood, not that that had anything to do with tax evasion.

There was a tale doing the rounds years ago the he was a secret shirtlifter-it used to be illegal-and happiness was a covert reference to a penis.Every time i hear the song i cant help but to substitute penis for happiness,quite funny on a karaoke night.

---------- Post added 28-05-2014 at 19:14 ----------

That has to be one of the worst things ever recorded in the history of songwriting.

along with

she taught me how to yodel

tie me kangaroo down(sport?)

boom bang a bang

Shout-Lulu version

Any one direction or any crappy tv talent show winner song

There was a tale doing the rounds years ago the he was a secret shirtlifter-it used to be illegal-and happiness was a covert reference to a penis.Every time i hear the song i cant help but to substitute penis for happiness,quite funny on a karaoke night.

Glad its not only me then:hihi:

Edited by esme

ON the assumption that the jury will not be reading this forum (or in fact any media coverage of the trial) I can reveal that, aged 15, when working in a newsagent's shop in Pontefract, I sold Rolf Harris a mucky magazine. He was appearing at the Batley (or possibly Wakefield ?) Variety Club at the time.

I can remember being shocked that this 'family guy' type entertainer would read such stuff.

ON the assumption that the jury will not be reading this forum (or in fact any media coverage of the trial) I can reveal that, aged 15, when working in a newsagent's shop in Pontefract, I sold Rolf Harris a mucky magazine. He was appearing at the Batley (or possibly Wakefield ?) Variety Club at the time.

I can remember being shocked that this 'family guy' type entertainer would read such stuff.

Was he a regular and did he sing to you?

Edited by poppet2