Rolf Harris guilty of indecent assaults

well said ronthenkred

well done to the victims who had the courasge to come forward. bbc news have just said that he was widely known as "the octopus" due to his wandering hands. all we can hope is this outcome will provide some comfort for his victims and hopefully put people off doing this sort of thing now...

I think as well as reinforcing society's disapproval of abuse, this must be tempered with the fact that he's very elderly

I disagree strongly. You shouldn't get a lighter sentence just because you've managed to get away with your crimes or a longer period of time.

I'm not trying to excuse his crimes, but I do think that in any custodial sentence he recieves, then his elderly age needs to be taken into account

It's alright I didn't think for one moment that you were trying to excuse his crimes, but I think that in this case he should be judged by his actions not by his age.

I'm not trying to excuse his crimes, but I do think that in any custodial sentence he recieves, then his elderly age needs to be taken into account

It didn't seem to make any difference to the sentence of Stewart Hall, also in his 80's.