Rolf Harris guilty of indecent assaults

They do have a connection, its all under operation yewtree.

Im arguing the point of view that the motive isnt always justice it seems.

A point that was raised.

You seem to want to attack me despite my comments that there is no excuse,you seem to just be concentrating on what you want to.

The problem is that we are judging past actions by todays standards and you just cant.

It was over 40 years ago, a different time with different values. Todays standards are different obviously.

If you want to do that then why arent we judging this by different countries ages of consent? It would be just as stupid to do that, in some eu countries there wouldnt even be a case to answer with the lower ages of consent.

You just cant do it.

If we changed the speed limit on the m1 to 60mph tomorrow would it be right to fine everyone tht has ever gone over 60mph on it in the past?

No it wouldnt !

The definitions and terminology need to be clearer too.

Theres a knee jerk reaction when anyone says "child abuse" or "indecent exposure" ive demonstrated that.

People automatically jump to the worst case scenario and judge by what they believe it to mean and its not always what they assume it to be.

Those are the points im trying to make.

Lets have the true facts on the table before we judge.

At no time in history (imo) has it ever been ok to intimately fondle a 13 year old.

Whats your definition of "intimately fondle"?

And what was your definition in the early seventies?

Why the need to put "in my opinion"?

By putting that youre admitting its objective in a way.

This is the problem with how these things are being reported.

Whats your definition of "intimately fondle"?

And what was your definition in the early seventies?

Why the need to put "in my opinion"?

By putting that youre admitting its objective in a way.

This is the problem with how these things are being reported.

With respect you're the one giving any validity to any subjectivity. The "imo" was me showing just a little respect for your opinion. :)

My definition of anything 70's related has to be considered with the fact i'm 44. Therefore i don't count any opinion i may have from that era valid, bar the fact i looked up to this guy during that decade. Oldest i could have been is 10.

Its not my opinion!

Ive said several times that there is no excuse.

Im sure you didnt put "imo" just for my benefit.

Im not an apologist for true crimes or denying that there can be true victims but the terminology used needs to be clearer and the compensation chasers need to be taken to task as they are doing real damage to both the alleged offenders and true victims respectively.

I did.

The nature of any forum is that of open discussion, even on quite taboo subjects. If you shout someone down then the whole point of the forum breaks down.

I really am that considerate. :)

As for the convicted. There's enough evidence there to throw away the key (imo :) ). Even if only one of the crimes is true, which i'm sure is the case.

Which crime are you talking about?

Indecent assualt is what he has been found guilty of. What do you take that to mean?

A fair question i think.

Any inappropriate contact with a minor.

Do the words "indecent" and "assault" not say enough ? :huh:

To commit these crimes on any scale against a minor is abhorrent in my mind, i don't see your problem with the judgement to be honest. One crime of this nature on any scale should be a life behind bars. surely ?

Its not my opinion!

Ive said several times that there is no excuse.

Im not an apologist for true crimes or denying that there can be true victims but the terminology used needs to be clearer and the compensation chasers need to be taken to task as they are doing real damage to both the alleged offenders and true victims respectively.

I understand what you are saying and agree about what was acceptable in the 70s etc.

I'm sure there are finer details that the jurors had that made them come to the verdicts they have, they also put questions to the judge to help them come to the decision too.

I've worked in entertainment all my life, I've DJed events such as ladies nights where there's a drag act on followed by a male stripper whose job is to obviously strip for the girls, I've witnessed in the past where girls are fuelled with alcohol lunge and grab a strippers penis. So based on that does that make it possible for a male stripper to say he has been sexually abused, or is it viewed as risk of the job? I've also witnessed when doing a Lads night where lads have groped the female stripper, again how's that viewed? Risk of job or sexual assault.

I understand what you are saying and agree about what was acceptable in the 70s etc.

I'm sure there are finer details that the jurors had that made them come to the verdicts they have, they also put questions to the judge to help them come to the decision too.

I've worked in entertainment all my life, I've DJed events such as ladies nights where there's a drag act on followed by a male stripper whose job is to obviously strip for the girls, I've witnessed in the past where girls are fuelled with alcohol lunge and grab a strippers penis. So based on that does that make it possible for a male stripper to say he has been sexually abused, or is it viewed as risk of the job? I've also witnessed when doing a Lads night where lads have groped the female stripper, again how's that viewed? Risk of job or sexual assault.

Your first point. I did watch "On The Buses" so know what you mean about things being different back then. Casual sexual assault on women was actually quite normal, bottom pinching, lewd comments etc.

On your second point. Those are adults, who are empowered somewhat by age. It's a wholly different thing really. Comes with the job as you imply. That's not to say some times it isn't welcomed or indeed a crime, but you'd have done your research and have accepted it as a risk, same an adult street prostitute would.

There's really no comparison to under age sexual contact and working in the sex trade.

Any inappropriate contact with a minor.

Do the words "indecent" and "assault" not say enough ? :huh:

To commit these crimes on any scale against a minor is abhorrent in my mind, i don't see your problem with the judgement to be honest. One crime of this nature on any scale should be a life behind bars. surely ?

The words "indecent" and "assault" say alot yes but "indecent assault" is a very broad term, thats the point.

If i squeezed past a woman and happened to brush her breast with my arm unintentionally that could be "indecent assault" if she made a complaint.

I was asking what you took it to mean but you didnt answer.