5 Million British children face poverty because of welfare reforms

All a load of stupid Leftie drivel

Why?

Have you any actual experience of being unemployed in this day and age, or are you just sounding off?

If you are going to make such bold right wing statements you should at least try and justify it.

Why?

Have you any actual experience of being unemployed in this day and age, or are you just sounding off?

If you are going to make such bold right wing statements you should at least try and justify it.

Thats not right wing economically, its just silly; even those of us of the sentient right know that a roof over ones head is the basic need of a person ;)

Why?

Yes, I've been out of work on a number of occasions, managed to get by on what we'd saved up for a rainy day.

Yes, it is - a combination of bad money management and the increasing desire to want more all the time. People in the past lived within their means, these days they don't. Is that the fault of the state or that of those people that don't?

People in the past might have lived within their means, but some still had to rely on charity. There has always had to be relief for the poor going right back in history to food being left outside monasteries for the poor, to the workhouses of the last century. We have had 70+ years of the welfare state which has ensured enough food for all, but this is now going backwards, and people are having to rely on charity again.

Sanctions seem to be the biggest reason. Stopping food and housing money dead, usually on the flimsiest pretext is wrong. People then get into debt trying to manage and it can take months to recover.

I know! Quite unbelievable. I pay my taxes with the best of em but don't have any children. How do I get my fair share of all these free handouts? I could buy a very nice bottle of wine for £430 every month. Where's my piece of pie?

I can tell your a northener, they have cheese with their wine down south NOT Pie - lol

In the world of politicians, double speak is where nice words are used to replace old nasty wwords, justifying tightening the stranglehold on a harsher regime.

Reforms ACTUALLY MEANS a CUT in funding

Why not say it like it is instead of following the propaganda like lemmings?????

In the world of politicians, double speak is where nice words are used to replace old nasty wwords, justifying tightening the stranglehold on a harsher regime.

Reforms ACTUALLY MEANS a CUT in funding

Why not say it like it is instead of following the propaganda like lemmings?????

you use triple speak all the time...Im sure it isnt just me that find what you do say almost unintelligable

Yes, I've been out of work on a number of occasions, managed to get by on what we'd saved up for a rainy day.

And suppose you didn't get paid enough in the first place to say anything at all. Not everyone is in the same boat you know.

Archived