RIP Maya Angelou

Maya Angelou's family have released a statement revealing her death, this morning, aged 86.

For those who have never read Maya's writing, can I recommend that you read one of her books in memoriam?

Books should never be banned in libraries, I should know, I fought nail and tooth to get Mein Kampf to sit next to Churchill's accounts of World War two.

I am ashamed to not have read her work, there are limits even to an (ex) librarian's reading capacity, but her books sit on the shelf in anticipation and have now been pushed forward in the planning.

Books should never be banned in libraries, I should know, I fought nail and tooth to get Mein Kampf to sit next to Churchill's accounts of World War two.

I am ashamed to not have read her work, there are limits even to an (ex) librarian's reading capacity, but her books sit on the shelf in anticipation and have now been pushed forward in the planning.

What's shameful about not reading her work?

What's shameful about not reading her work?

The fact that it has been on my "to read" list for over ten years and I have never got round to it. I suppose that is something that only librarians get ashamed of though.

Archived