Violence to girls and women.

Thanks Bounce for posting the info. I'm not convinced it's much evidence to base your moral scruples on how to treat your wife, though.

First one - I can't see why him having two sons from a previous relationship proves he wasn't impotent by the time the other wife came along. Or maybe she just didn't like him, and wanted a divorce. And surely it would have been easier to give a divorce on nonconsummation than that she had to sleep with him first? Rapists charter that, seems like. We had a very similar one here that a husband was entitled to sex from his wife, but that was repealed in 1991 - which seems very recent really. That's bad.

And in the second one, what a lame excuse for sneaking out at night doesn't seem a very important message from god, does it? And he did punch her and hurt her with totally no excuse other than that he'd been caught out. Again seems a bit weak to base an entire beating up your wife scenario on.

Seems like the Koran needs a thorough going over and bringing up to our modern standards on equality and treating people as people and and not property. A lot of it seems more like the Old Testament stuff rather than the stuff that Jesus preached. And the West mainly junked the OT a hundred years ago. Even as a Pagan I know that.

As you seem to be unable to grasp the basics of civility and feel that every possible topic that can have islam shoehorned into it this thread will now be closed.

If you have an issue with that take it to the helpdesk.

Archived