Back to Nigeria

I didn't say you did say it was.

So you were what? Countering an opinion that nobody had expressed. That's straw manning.

The facts were simply facts and they helped me form the opinion that she could have moved away from her stepmother whilst remaining in Nigeria. Its got to be the most ludacris reason for someone seeking asylum, she doesn't fear the state, she fears her step mother.

Which is presumably why her application for asylum has been rejected.

The HO should of course follow their own rules about giving people appropriate notice and so on.

So you were what? Countering an opinion that nobody had expressed. That's straw manning.

Which is presumably why her application for asylum has been rejected.

The HO should of course follow their own rules about giving people appropriate notice and so on.

People have expressed the opinion that she should be allowed to stay, I have expressed the opinion that should shouldn't be allowed to stay and supported that opinion with facts.

I would definitely send them back. Look at all of those refugees in France where they have just destroyed their camps, trying to get into this country. Where is it all going to end. I suppose when the country finally starts to sink we can all say yes we are now full up. Too may do-gooders in this country. She has passed through all of those other countries. Another one for the tax payer to keep.

It is utterly barbaric the practice of FGM. But perhaps we shouldn't interfere in someone else's culture and practices.

It depends where you draw the line between cultural heritage and abuse. There is clearly no medical reason for carrying out FGM, it's just based on a misguided view of women's purity - so yes, we should interfere.

---------- Post added 30-05-2014 at 23:28 ----------

I suppose when the country finally starts to sink we can all say yes we are now full up.

If the country starts to sink I'll jump ship as soon as I can.

Archived