Back to Nigeria

And the Indian state have laws against murder and specifically against Honour killings. Didn't stop the murder of the woman earlier this week in view of the police and outside the court house though.

Yep and the fact that crimes are committed in a country isn't a very good reason to allow everyone from that country to come here.

By letting her stay we set a precedent. We can't offer asylum to every single person in the world that is threatened by a relative.

Couldn't she either move to another part of Nigeria or get help from the authorities there?

She gives a bad name to genuine asylum seekers.

Or you could accept the point I was making, that being that "it being illegal" doesn't mean that it doesn't happen, which is the claim that ivanana was making.

You've had time to reply to my latest post, perhaps you could reply to the earlier one?

You do have answers right? Because your opinion only makes sense if you have these answers.

No it isn't, I pointed out some facts and your imagination ran wild and created something in your mind that I didn't say.

---------- Post added 30-05-2014 at 11:28 ----------

If it was me that was being threatened, I'd go to the nearest safe country, however if there were other considerations, I'd go to the country which gave me free money and legal representation and go and sponge off some bleeding hearts there

I'd just go somewhere else in that country, and since it was only the stepmother doing the threatening there would have been plenty of places to make a new home. :)

No it isn't, I pointed out some facts and your imagination ran wild and created something in your mind that I didn't say.

---------- Post added 30-05-2014 at 11:28 ----------

I'd just go somewhere else in that country, and since it was only the stepmother doing the threatening there would have been plenty of places to make a new home. :)

Do you know what Ivanava? You are absolutely bang on right. :)

Yep and the fact that crimes are committed in a country isn't a very good reason to allow everyone from that country to come here.

Didn't say that it was did I.

---------- Post added 30-05-2014 at 16:51 ----------

Oh I see. So the facts implied no opinion and actually had no bearing on this thread?

Or, alternatively, they did, and you will now explain why you posted them.

I won't hold my breath.

Didn't say that it was did I.
I didn't say you did say it was.

Oh I see. So the facts implied no opinion and actually had no bearing on this thread?

Or, alternatively, they did, and you will now explain why you posted them.

I won't hold my breath.

The facts were simply facts and they helped me form the opinion that she could have moved away from her stepmother whilst remaining in Nigeria. Its got to be the most ludacris reason for someone seeking asylum, she doesn't fear the state, she fears her step mother.

20,000 girls under the age of 15 are at risk of female genital mutilation (FGM) in the UK each year, so she might as well go back and be at risk as opposed to being here at risk.

20,000? At risk? What do you mean by at risk??

---------- Post added 30-05-2014 at 17:06 ----------

she doesn't fear the state, she fears her step mother.

So what? Let her in, give her a job. She's no different to you or me.

20,000? At risk? What do you mean by at risk??

---------- Post added 30-05-2014 at 17:06 ----------

So what? Let her in, give her a job. She's no different to you or me.

She's already in but needs kicking out so that genuine asylum seekers can enjoy the safety of the UK.

Archived