Replacement key for a little safe

son has given us a munro safe27 but no key and its been difficult to open, think batteries may be running down so before we use it can a key be bought. its about 10 years old and son says there never was a key, no key in box when he got it

hi haddy, i have been looking for a email but only finding places that sell them. my oh has tested the battieries and they they are ok apart from a bit of rust on one of the springs where they sit. the batteries are heavy duty so will need same kind and not the cheap ones.

You can bump it open if you need to.

That's what I was trying to say, but then that defeats the whole idea of a 'safe', because it's not very safe if it's so quick & easy to open with no key or code. I don't understand the point of small cheap safes, who is it supposed to protect against?

It looks like you could make your own key from a small piece of pipe if the Amazon pictures are anything to go by. You could poke things through the mounting holes. You could give it a bump while turning the handle.

Archived