Decent quality pressure washer?

I've had Karchers and Nilfisks which were knackered after 2 years, although the most recently acquired Nilfisk is going into it's 4th year albeit with light use.

I picked up a cheap Hozelock pressure washer for £10 (B&Q clearence) three years ago, and cannot break it despite using it all the time. It's the one I always use now because it's so small.

Apart from making sure you store them properly over winter, I suspect pressure-washer reliability is pot-luck.

I wouldn't have a karcher again. Had a couple and only lasted a couple of years without heavy use.

Just bought a B&Q own brand today for 37 quid. Reviews are good but if it's rubbish I'll take it back.

Nilfisk are massively favoured by a *lot* of car detailers. These are guys who are using them most all day every day. If that isn't an endorsement for their general build quality and longevity then I'm not sure what is. A quick Google will show you this.

Milquetoast1's point about storing and looking after any pressure washer is hugely important. I keep mine indoors all year round. Still going strong after 4 years of heavy use and as good as the day I bought it. Cannot recommend them highly enough.

went for a Nilfisk 120 from Maplins for £80 (inc 2 year warranty), Amazon price was close but prefer to collect from a real shop in case of problems

Seems decent enough, especially for the money

Archived