Café situations – how far should I go?

Next time, regardless of staff serving, don't opt for a foreign sandwich. Instead you could select a nice jack spud, perhaps with beans in the slot and salad on the side. Be careful not to spill any bean juice down yourself.

Good luck with your cafe venture. Hope this helped.

it must be a very special cafe.....for local people you know:suspect::hihi::hihi:

it must be a very special cafe.....for local people you know:suspect::hihi::hihi:

No actually because I know that I've heard an Irish man there and also there was a Chinaman in there I remember and not just that there have been a Spanish girls and other national people too

There is a café that me and Robert go to when it is time to have our lunch time (we sit in an office drinking coffee for our job). Now I don’t know about you but there is such a thing as pride in food prep in my eyes. Trouble is they don’t have that at the café we go to. Well, they do actually but this one member of staff doesn’t care! Have asked for panini with capers and also tuna but it came back with capers falling out and also butter smeared outside the main crust of it all. Also badly placed dressings. Robert got same sandwich from it were a different staff member what served him and his was OK. It was good actually. I had a couple of bites of Robert’s and Robert had a couple of bites out of mine so we sort of did a test.

Question is what do I do next time this person gives me bad sandwich or something? Robert says push it on floor and do a ‘tut tut’ but I think send the person back to kitchen and remind the person that qualifications can easily be taken away from a person.

What even are capers?

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:Briliant, I've actually got tears running down my face.

Go to a properly franchised coffee outlets. People think that independent coffee houses are in some way better, but if you want uniformity then a chain is the best place to go.

And don't talk to me about the coffee and food being not as good, these companies spend millions of pounds on finding the best coffee and the things that taste the nicest. That's why they're successful.

I made a sandwich just the way I like it at home.This I carry around with me at all times incase I fancy a sandwich while I'm out.I whip it out and show it to the girl behind the counter,thus guarenteeing complete satisfaction.

It does get a bit whiffy after a few weeks,especially as my favourite sandwich is prawn,marmite and spring onion(no capers)

Archived