Best Chinese Take-away in Sheffield: Megathread

fronbow

Inspired by mikey: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=604

I'd like to know any other good places. For takeaways we go to Wah Sing on Myrtle Road, and for eating out we either go to Candy Town on London Road, Zing Vaa on The Moor, or Golden Dragon just off The Moor.

Candy Town do a good vegetarian set menu (we used to be veggies, not anymore!) and the Golden Dragon do nice wontons.

I would be interested to know if anyone's been to Canton Orchard (always fancied trying it, but don't want to get there and find it's out of our price range!!)

Cheers

Hi Fronbow

I have heard Canton Orchard is very expensive, never been though.

There is one at the bottom of London Rd that has just moved there it used to be a bit further up and was called Tin Po Cafe. My wife used to go to the cafe and said it was brill, so give it a try. Also heard Vietnamese noodle bar on London Rd is good. Its always packed.

Originally posted by "mikey"

There is one at the bottom of London Rd that has just moved there it used to be a bit further up and was called Tin Po Cafe.

I've been to Tin Po. It served good food, the people working there were friendly and the price was OK, but the state of the place wouldn't make you want to go back! It feels dirty and a bit unwelcoming - shame when everything else is fine. I've been more than once but wouldn't take 'guests' there.

The best takeaway we've found so far is on Crookes Road, but I'm not sure what it's name is. It's easliy the best we've found for vegetarian food variety, though we've not really looked that hard :)

• 5 weeks later...

I've been to Canton Orchard a couple of times.

The first time it was great. Expensive, but really good quality food.

The second time I went it was Chinese New Year and it was very disappointing! It's the first time I've ever seen a table of 9 people finish a complete banquet with nothing left (not even the stir fried vegetables)! Most of us were still hungry too. Now, they were busy, but that shouldn't have affected the portion sizes. We paid good money and got below average sized portions.

Having said that, I'd definitely go again.

Take aways... "Wok This Way" on Fulwood Road is fantastic (despite the name)! They do good deals like "spend over £12, get a free main course dish" and it's quite reasonably priced with a massive selection!

Anyway, enough talk of food... I'm getting hungry!

I went to the Vietnamese Noodle Bar on London Rd recently, it was fantastic value, good service, and you can bring your own drink!!!

As well as the noodle dishes they also do set meals and other oriental dishes.

You only have to drive past and see for yourself how good this resturant is, it is packed out all the time. They work on the principle of pile em high sell em cheap, so service is quick, and clearing away is quick, because they don't want you hanging around too long. They want the next punter sat down.

I had a basic sweet and sour chicken noodle dish cost about £3.40 and I could not eat it all!!! :lol:

Check it out its great......

Archived