Best Chinese Take-away in Sheffield: Megathread

fronbow

Whats up can no-one cook?

Jumbo is ok ,but full of msg & makes you feel ill, as do the rest!, cook it yourself or as i'm trying to start my own business cooking from your homes, invite me around!

You will then know it won't be full of crap!

I've said it before and I'll say it again -

JABU - London Road

Not your run of the mill Chinese and it's cheap too.

They have a regular menu, but the things to go for are the Chinese dumplings and "fondue". You get a big boiling bowl of soup mix and order up a vast variety of stuff to cook in it. You have to go there to really understand ! The staff are ultra helpful and friendly. BYOB because it's unlicensed and it's probably best to book because they only have 5 or 6 tables.

PS

My favourite is Zing Vaa. I've always had a good meal at the Top Wok (side road off the moor) although the last time I went we were waiting quite a while for our meal. I had a lovely meal at jumbos but the layout reminded me of a canteen.

If you are looking for a good chinese buffet then try Marbel court it used to be called top wok its about £9 all you can eat but in sted of taking a tiny little plate and serving ur self in what feels like a school canteen you order as many dishes from a list of about 30 as you want and they cook it fresh as much as u wish and the staff are nice.

Good food ,good atmostphere well worth a try ;)

Originally posted by oenbl7100

I HAVE BEEN TO ALL OT THE ABOVE MENTIOND PLUS MORE IN SHEFFIELD AND HAVE FOUND THEY ARE ALL BAD IN 1 WAY OR ANOTHER HAS ANY 1 BEEN TO MAO YET ON LONDON RD.

SO IF YOU LIKE WELL NICE FOOD TRY THE MAO BAR FOR COST QUALITY AND MONEY.

OH DID I MENTION I AM A DIETITION AS WELL.

MAO 11 OUT OF 10

Why do I get the feeling that you work there? lol

I love Jumbo, indeed the staff seem to know me now :blush:

No.1 near the tram stop is awful in my opinion, it's like being in a large cold school hall, and the food isn't very nice.

Jumbo also have Bradwells' Ice Cream, which has to be worth £4.99 of anyones money :D

I've been to Marbel Court...well I say i've been, we actually did a runner asap, as we didn't like the idea of having to order from a menu, it was like they wanted to jump on the bandwagon of having a buffet ' all you can eat' offer on, without the worry of having food going to waste....it also gave them every opportunity to look down on you as you order your 12th portion :D

its quite obvious oenbl7100 works there i think, three posts for the same place is a bit much and you can always tell the people who are dodgy cause they write in CAPS :D

besides iv been to that one on west st. and although its decor is extremely nice I thought the food was distinctly average for a chinese resteraunt. Nice but wouldn't rush to go again. Plus I went on the opening weekend so its not like I would have caught them on a bad day. Maybe I'm just too picky with my chinese but like I said the resteraunt is really beautiful, sheffield needs more up market styled places.

East One Noodle Bar definitely gets my vote for being the best Chinese around.. excellent choice of food, good value for money, delicious dishes and situated in the trendy part of Sheffield.. What more can you ask for?!

well ive never heard of this fella 'oenbl7100'

but i work at mao so im bound to recommend it! i do enjoy eating there, the food is great and the staff are very attentive and this is the majority of what mao sells itself on.

try the minced pork lettuce wrap starter... its amazing!!

Originally posted by jaki_fruit

well ive never heard of this fella 'oenbl7100'

but i work at mao so im bound to recommend it! i do enjoy eating there, the food is great and the staff are very attentive and this is the majority of what mao sells itself on.

try the minced pork lettuce wrap starter... its amazing!!

Does it come with any sauce – say, the blood of a million Tibetans and Cambodians? ;)

Looks like a nice restaurant but I think the suitability of the theme is more than a little questionable.

Archived