Best Chinese Take-away in Sheffield: Megathread

fronbow

Originally posted by citygirl

My favourite is Zing Vaa. I've always had a good meal at the Top Wok (side road off the moor) although the last time I went we were waiting quite a while for our meal. I had a lovely meal at jumbos but the layout reminded me of a canteen.

You're absolutely spot-on, Citygirl. :thumbsup:

The food at Jumbos is lovely and very good value, but it IS like a canteen there. There's a distinct production-line feel to it. But hey, you gets what you pay for, I guess. And the food is fantastic!

The Zing Vaa is far and away the best Chinese restaurant in Sheffield. I've eaten there many times, and the food has always been delicious. The only better Chinese restaurant I've ever been to is in Stockport, and that's a bit too far to travel to for an evening meal! :D

StarSparkle

Originally posted by Greenback

Does it come with any sauce – say, the blood of a million Tibetans and Cambodians? ;)

Looks like a nice restaurant but I think the suitability of the theme is more than a little questionable.

haha not that ive noticed!! i agree that the theme isnt the best but it beats the usual 'china kitchen' 'oriental ocean' stuff cliche stylee places!

They do great pork dumplings at Mei's, which is a bit hidden away down some stairs near the Grosvenor hotel, just along from John Lewis and that shop that sells the funny furniture.

I always go there for my take-aways. Pork Chow mein with crispy noodles and pork dumplings.

Marvellous.

• 1 month later...

Ka-China at Waleswoood (used to be the Waleswood pub) is brilliant.

It changed to a chinese restaurant soon after the pub closed and wasn't very nice at first. I think they have new owners now and it's been totally refurbished. The menu is extensive and the staff are lovely and friendly.

You'll need to book for Friday or Saturday nights though. It's out of Sheffield (Waleswood is right next to Wales) and close to Rother Valley so it's a bit out of the way if you don't live that side of town, but it's well worth the trip.

Archived