Best Chinese Take-away in Sheffield: Megathread

fronbow

If it's proper authentic Chinese food you're looking for, head down to the Golden Dragon on the Moor. It's by far the best Chinese retaurant and holds it's own with some of the best that London's Chinatown has to offer. I'd reccomend going down on a Sunday lunchtime for a Dim Sum lunch.

MJonah, I live near Heeley Green and the Mange looks disgusting. Is the food honestly good or is your opinion born from not trying out any alternatives?

Originally posted by Meaks

Come along peoples... Candy Town?

Exactly what I was going to say...

For a cheaper but fabulous alternative - Vietnamese Noodle Bar (London Rd) Not as friendly but the fried noodles are the best I've ever had.

And I have to say - living in Heeley Green - Mange is the WORST takeaway I've had in my entire year of living in Sheffield!

They don't even do crispy duck! (plus it's called mange - which I can't say without wanting to giggle.)

Generally on the Chinese, Japansese and Thai food front, we love:

Take away:

Noodle Out - little or no MSG as far as I can tell (I'm fairly sensitive to it), incredibly fast serving and the food is gorgeous and relatively healthy

Sit Down:

Wasabisabi, London Road. Not cheap, but the Super Sumo Set Teppanyaki is the biz.

My snapshot:

Best Dim Sum: Zing-Vaa

Best for larger groups: Candytown

Best Buffet: Jumbo's (Hit and miss tho)

Best Noodles: Noodle Bar on London Road

Best for Corporate Entertaining: Canton Orchard

Try a Thai?: Baan Thai

A bit of Everything: East Ocean Cafe

Overpriced: Hui Wei

Personal Fave: Mei's

Takeaways: Many!

There's new places popping all the time that are worth a try tho.

Can I stretch this a bit to include perhaps dronfield and nearby. Just posted one about pubs and places to go out there and nearby because I'm moving there.What's the Chinese, Indian and general restaurant/take-away situation like in that part of the world? Tell me about the bad ones as well as the good. Thanks

Simply Chinese in Dronfield is absolutely spot on IMO, very nice set up in there and pretty quick. They also do takeout but you have to phone the order in first.

There's also Little Italy which, so i'm told, is quite a good Itailian (never been there myself, but always looks packed out when I go past).

Archived