Best Chinese Take-away in Sheffield: Megathread

fronbow

• 2 weeks later...

A place called Noodle Out opened for the first time last night. We got a few things from there and it was brilliant. It's run by the people who do Noodle Inn on London Road. It's on Abbeydale Road, so not quite Nether Edge, but they do deliveries - phone number is 250 7888.

In my oppinion, the best take away, is at the bottom of Chippinghouse Rd & is called 'Hing Lung'.

From the outside, it looks like nothing much, but is very busy always.

They still use the old fashione foil trays also & portions are huge.

Ecclesall Rd takeaways like China Kitchen & Zing Vaa seem to give you less in the re-useable plasic trays, & charge you more, not the Hing Lung.

Jumbo chinese buffet in town is excellent value also, for eating in!

That funny-looking one on London Road [badly painted in a fetching brown gloss!] near the newsagents and library where the road forks into Abbeydale Rd.

The food in there was brilliant last time I tried it and staff very friendly. Seldom busy so I don't know how it pays. The decor doesn't inspire but it's def worth a try. Also a licensed restaurant open after pub hours.

Unfortunately I have two DONTs rather than a do.

The Red Lion on London Road, used to be the bee knees, had a slowly decreasing quality of service and then a great big nightmare. I would say give them a miss.

Tried The Imperial on Abbeydale Road a few nights ago after one of their leaflet drops. Eeeek. I won't be going there again. I found the food too greasy and the spicy chicken and prawns utterly flavourless. I don't mean not to my taste, I really mean bland.

Jumbo in town is great, good flavours, great variety for eat in. Cheeky prices, they hiked them up £1 each just for December in order to capitalise on the festive season.

No1 Oriental Buffet is a little too 'school dining hall' for my liking but the food is ok.

If you hear of anywhere good let me know, I'm in the market for a supplier of my fav food!

• 1 month later...

anybody know of a real good chinese takeaway around hillsborough / Ecclesall area ????

**Please dont suggest Middlewood Road, im looking for quality not quantity!**

Archived