Best Chinese Take-away in Sheffield: Megathread

fronbow

Hi

The best chinese takeaway by far is the Hing Lung on Abbeydale rd at the bottom of Chippenhouse rd. It's small & the sign is yellow!, it looks like nothing, but is always busy, the food is ace, you get a carrybag full of prawncrackers in one portion.

On Ecclesall rd, the ground rate is expensive & not neccesarily good food & small portions!(plastic reusable dishes!)

The chinese comunity are Abbeydale rd, cheaper ground rate & proper foil dishes, bigger portions! & not making you pay more!

Rom

if you wanna travel to pick up your meal would suggest Mandarin house at Woodseats - huge portions and do a deal on Mondays for 3 main courses for £9 ...bargain!! Do delivery but as I recall that is £1 if you spend less than £12!! Otherwise FREE!!

• 4 months later...

Jumbos Buffet restaurant opposite the Crucible was very good when we went a few weeks ago. £8.99 eat as much as you want. That was in the evening. Cheaper earlier in the day. I think it is £4.99 up to about 4pm, £6.99 to about 6:45pm then £8.99 at night. I am sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong with the price breakdown.

Archived