Anti-homeless floor spikes.

I wonder how many of the people complaining about the spikes would be happy to have a couple of homeless heroin addicts sleeping in the doorway of their home??

With it being a new building I think they should just better design the entrance, so there isn't a little area to be used as shelter anyway. Not just fill the floor with spikes.

I wonder how long it'll be before someone trips over and lands on them, nice little compo claim there.

I wonder how many of the people complaining about the spikes would be happy to have a couple of homeless heroin addicts sleeping in the doorway of their home??

With it being a new building I think they should just better design the entrance, so there isn't a little area to be used as shelter anyway. Not just fill the floor with spikes.

I wonder how long it'll be before someone trips over and lands on them, nice little compo claim there.

Yeah, I had wondered if the residents did this in response to homeless people harassing residents? We don't really know, so unfair to jump to conclusions. Still, isn't there a better solution?

as you said if its a new building why the hell build it with an alcove anyway?? whats the alcove for in the function of the building?

Yeah, I had wondered if the residents did this in response to homeless people harassing residents? We don't really know, so unfair to jump to conclusions. Still, isn't there a better solution?

Watercannon?

as you said if its a new building why the hell build it with an alcove anyway?? whats the alcove for in the function of the building?

Exactly,brick it up,its not needed.

I used to work in a shop on flat street years ago,and every time we opened up the shop,you were just hoping that no one was sleeping in the doorway (some don't like to be woken up lol)

I lost count how many times we had to move urine/feces and the odd occasional homeless guy out of the doorway:hihi:

It think I can safely say,that was the worst part of the job lol.

There also using bus shelter seating that slopes forwards, so people can't sleep on them. There's other measures out there too. :(

Same reason that railway station platform shelters are open at floor level on all sides.

Archived