Anti-homeless floor spikes.

I would be happy if there was no homeless people having to sleep rough any where.

Over 93,000 people are trying to get a place of their own in Sheffield for instance many of them homeless.

Be thank full if you have a roof over your head.

I'm interested in this comment.... 93,000 looking for their own place in Sheffield..... MANY of them homeless?

What percentage of this 93,000 in sheffield are we defining as many?

I also find 93,000 in sheffield as in readily high, where did you get that from?

As for the original post... The spikes are bad yes, as someone else said, with claim Britain it is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

However, I understand why they are there.

No. You are talking about older buildings. I'm talking about more modern buildings with those specific shiny metal studs.

My office has those studs but they're to mark the boundary of our property and neighbouring land/highways.

The "anti-homeless" studs are understandable. The shameful thing is that in 2014 we have people sleeping rough at all. This is what should be addressed. But no, I wouldn't want homeless people sleeping outside my house either. I know a shop keeper who has homeless people sleep in his doorway and as another poster has said, most mornings his first job is to get a bucket of hot soapy water and some disinfectant...

---------- Post added 08-06-2014 at 00:11 ----------

I'm interested in this comment.... 93,000 looking for their own place in Sheffield..... MANY of them homeless?

What percentage of this 93,000 in sheffield are we defining as many?

I also find 93,000 in sheffield as in readily high, where did you get that from?

That's about 20% of the population of Sheffield. Even in these tough economic times, 1 in 5 seems a little high?

My office has those studs but they're to mark the boundary of our property and neighbouring land/highways.

The "anti-homeless" studs are understandable. The shameful thing is that in 2014 we have people sleeping rough at all. This is what should be addressed. But no, I wouldn't want homeless people sleeping outside my house either. I know a shop keeper who has homeless people sleep in his doorway and as another poster has said, most mornings his first job is to get a bucket of hot soapy water and some disinfectant...

---------- Post added 08-06-2014 at 00:11 ----------

That's about 20% of the population of Sheffield. Even in these tough economic times, 1 in 5 seems a little high?

It's the council house waiting list.

Over 50% of Sheffield's housing used to be council housing, with a greater percent of Sheffield's population living in council housing.

The amount of council housing in the city has declined rapidly over the past few decades.

Sheffield Homes have roughly, just some 40k units of housing now.

Sheffield has lost some 80 000 council homes over the past few decades.

80000+ are now in need of secure tenure and affordable housing, no longer able to access one of life's most BASIC NEEDS, these people find themselves in the PRS, where they are but pawns in a 'market' that is in no way a free-market. The human beings no longer able to access basic secure housing are transformed into commodities.

These commodities lacking secure tenure are still human beings. But tret as commodities instead of as human, many find themselves in poor quality housing, and many face homelessness. They yield high profits to their rentier masters. They may work, but they are denied the fruits of their labours. Wages are not for them to spend or save, they are to be paid as rent to the master. Theses commodities are like slaves, but unlike slaves, there is no obligation for them to be housed or fed. They lack basic property rights.

The commodification of UK citizens is gaining pace, the commodity class is a fast growing class. Rentierism in the UK is a massive problem.

Archived