Anti-homeless floor spikes.

Id not want people or drunks sleeping on my porch

Because they frighten you? You're scared you could end up like them?

Listen, the chances of people sleeping in your porch in Sheffield are practically zero. Chill out.

Id not want people or drunks sleeping on my porch

It's illegal for them to sleep in empty housing.

Yet we have many empty properties. Complete market failure.

Build yourself a house?

Not legally. But large populations of precariously housed people the world over have shown you can build and rebuild a shanty till the authorities tire of demolition, and whilst others in the group build theirs without hindrance.

You could break the law and occupy an empty house.

We have Shed towns down South, and people living in woods.

Squatting and Slums it seems, are the future.

But better to have slums than to lack even rudimentary housing and have fellow people put themselves in a position where your health is at risk and life expectancy is reduced to below 50 years of age.

Neither of the above.....

Why would i be scared of srunks, Ive spent a lot of my life dealing with them

Because you worry that might be your future? An irrational fear of people down on their luck? Lack of empathy and compassion? All common fears and issues for people who spend their time looking down on other people as a deferral for confronting their own failure, insecurities and personal flaws while failing to recognise the world is not perfect.

Where did i say il ook down on people. I just dont like drunken street drinkers; genuinely homelss people are far less common that random ones who chooses to doss down here and there.

Just trying to understand why you have a completely irrational fear.when was the last time somebody slept by your porch?

Fact is the story is about a block with several tens of millions of pounds of real estate in a homeless hotspot. Designing a perfect person sized sleeping spot into the entrance is a dumb idea. You don't need to feel sorry for the people who bought them flats because they don't give a damn about your porch in Sheffield, especially given that the chances of you ever finding anybody kipping by it are nil.

Worry about something else. Seriously.

No. You are talking about older buildings. I'm talking about more modern buildings with those specific shiny metal studs.

Well, I assumed with the phrase "that have been there for years" that you were talking about older buildings....

I trust that the people who will be up in arms about this allow homeless people to sleep in their house.

I trust this doesn't bother you then? And has had a positive impact on the homeless because you now let them sleep in your house?

---------- Post added 08-06-2014 at 03:59 ----------

Instead of spending money on all these spikes, why couldn't the money be spent on food, blankets, support and housing?

Archived