Anti-homeless floor spikes.

I got the figure from a council housing officer last Monday.

One homeless person is two many, in my opinion anyway.

Hows that possible then?:hihi:

---------- Post added 08-06-2014 at 12:42 ----------

If you see a homeless person sleeping in the doorway of your flat, house or hotel door, offer them a shower and some food, don't treat them like animals! This is just disgusting!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/propertynews/10883541/Homeless-spikes-installed-outside-London-flats.html

The old saying of "don't feed stray cats" spring to mind:D

I go to London regularly and you see a lot of these people in door ways and things, most of them are just drunks or druggies not many are genuine homeless people struggling to find a place to live,most are there to beg and thieve and are a nuisance with all the mess they make, no one should be sleeping on the streets these days there are plenty of help for people out there, they choose that life style because that's how they make their living..I had to help a security man the other day in London to move a guy who had set up camp in the doorway of a loading bay where I had to deliver some goods, he was fast asleep with all his mess around him..those spikes are not only there to prevent rough sleepers they are also there to stop people urinating and taking a dump in dark out of the way corners like that..

Because you worry that might be your future? An irrational fear of people down on their luck? Lack of empathy and compassion? All common fears and issues for people who spend their time looking down on other people as a deferral for confronting their own failure, insecurities and personal flaws while failing to recognise the world is not perfect.

Keep taking them tablets :rolleyes:

Keep taking them tablets :rolleyes:

It's well known that people who are one calamity from ending up in the gutter often beat up on those who are on the gutter. Poverty politics. Driven by insecurity.

I trust this doesn't bother you then? And has had a positive impact on the homeless because you now let them sleep in your house?

---------- Post added 08-06-2014 at 03:59 ----------

Instead of spending money on all these spikes, why couldn't the money be spent on food, blankets, support and housing?

Because if you gave them blankets they would then go and kip in the same said doorways . :roll:

Hence the need for spikes to stop them.

Archived