Switching Accounts

Hello, I am looking at switching accounts and currently only have one Halifax Ultimate Rewards account.

So am hoping to cancel this account and bank with someone else but here is the thing, I am paying extra at the moment for account benefits as well as my overdraft so am wishing to have only the very basic account with minimal charges for similar benefits.

I was wondering what the best of the best banks are nowadays that can give good deals and service as well as having good internet facilities to do internet banking / view balances etc...

Why do you want to move banks? If you are not using the features of the Ultimate Rewards account you can downgrade it.

As to which bank is best, it depends what you want. Do you want a local branch, do you want to be able to use a Post Office, do you use an overdraft or maintain a credit balance and if so how much? Do you travel abroad? All of these factors will influence which account might be best for you.

Hello, I am looking at switching accounts and currently only have one Halifax Ultimate Rewards account.

So am hoping to cancel this account and bank with someone else but here is the thing, I am paying extra at the moment for account benefits as well as my overdraft so am wishing to have only the very basic account with minimal charges for similar benefits.

I was wondering what the best of the best banks are nowadays that can give good deals and service as well as having good internet facilities to do internet banking / view balances etc...

As Poppet said, you need to compare the various accounts on mse or similar. I switched my current account from Halifax to First direct, but that was simply because of the £125 welcome bonus, as for internet facilities I think that is the norm now a days isn't it? I don't know of any banks which don't offer statements or transfers etc online.

Archived