Sun Protection - factor 20 or 30 once a day application

I'm afraid I do not trust the once a day type of sun creams. The data suggests that the efficacy on many tails off hugely towards the end of the day and that is made worse by sweating, mechanical action of clothes/towels/sand/ on the skin and going in water.

Combine this with ingredients that have a quite high potential of allergies (which of course don't wash off easily because they are intended to hang around all day) and this means that I'd approach them with caution or at least only buy ones for which you have seen good data of their efficacy.

Maybe it's better that you find one brand that suits you and your family, check it has the data to support it and then buy one bottle and patch test it, then look for the best price on that brand?

P20 and swear by it, I'm fair-skinned and have used this for 15 years.

It now comes in 30+ and 50+ as well.

It says to apply an hour before going out, but half an hour for me has let it dry, it's resistant to being washed or sweated off and is recommended by trekkers/athletes etc who train/run in sunny climates.

The few extra quid spent over a budget brand is well worth it as a little goes a long way.

Here's a link if you wish to read about the product.

http://www.p20.co.uk/

P20 is pretty much the same price anywhere you go, it's usually around £10 for 100ml bottles, places like B and M and Home Bargains sometimes have it discounted, TBH they're the only places I've seen it on sale for slightly cheaper than RRP, I'll keep my peepers open.

Archived