Looking to renew old friendships. Can you help?

I knew a Hazel Walch from Carfield School abt. 1960, she lived on Cypress Avenue (I think it was called) just off Upper Valley Road. She was born 1948/49.

I haven't seen her since Carfield.

Regards,

Duffems

And here I am .Hazel Rowley was WALCH .Only just joined this forum do not quite sure how it works .Im on,Facebook .

And here I am .Hazel Rowley was WALCH .Only just joined this forum do not quite sure how it works .Im on,Facebook .

Hi Hazel,

Good to hear from you. Unfortunately, I'm not on Facebook and I can't pm you until you've made 5 posts on here (I think).

I'll be back later.

Duffems

---------- Post added 19-06-2014 at 08:19 ----------

Hi Hazel, how are you and, are you still in Sheffield? Have you spoken to any of the old Carfield pupils i.e. Jacqueline Gregory, Elaine Smith?

Duffems

Duffems No I left sheffield when I was 19.Jacqui and are are still best friends after all these years .In the past we have lived miles from each other but for the past 40 years we have both lived in scarborough .

That's amazing. Can you pass on my good wishes to Jacqueline, we were good pals in the junior school and used to walk home together at lunch-time along with her sister Wendy, they lived on Binstead Road I believe.

I've never crossed paths with any of the old Carfield pupils apart from the one I married of course!

Regards,

Duffems

That's amazing. Can you pass on my good wishes to Jacqueline, we were good pals in the junior school and used to walk home together at lunch-time along with her sister Wendy, they lived on Binstead Road I believe.

I've never crossed paths with any of the old Carfield pupils apart from the one I married of course!

Regards,

Duffems

Do you mean Binfield Road? I knew a David Gregory who lived on the corner of Binfield Road & Brook Road. If I remember rightly, he had two sisters who were slightly younger than him. I knew David from my time at Carfield & I used to knock about with him when we were both at Brincliffe Grammar. I think he joined the Army Vetinary Corps when he left school.

Do you mean Binfield Road? I knew a David Gregory who lived on the corner of Binfield Road & Brook Road. If I remember rightly, he had two sisters who were slightly younger than him. I knew David from my time at Carfield & I used to knock about with him when we were both at Brincliffe Grammar. I think he joined the Army Vetinary Corps when he left school.

Hi fatrajah,

You're correct, it was Binfield Road.

I'll pm you seeing as these people will still be around.

Regards,

Duffems

Hi fatrajah,

Regards,

Duffems

Yes it was Binfield road .David is jacqui's brother .He left the army and now lives in scarborough .

---------- Post added 22-06-2014 at 20:53 ----------

Hi fatrajah,

Regards,

Duffems

Hi duffems .Jacqui was delighted when I passed your message on. Iknow you were good friends at school and we all three used to hang around together in the playground .Jacui has a photo of us with hazel jepson and some others shes going to dig it out so we can have a look .Do you remember Margaret Memmot ? She lives in scarborough too .I met her for lunch some time ago and I took our old class photo .Between us we managed to name most of the class.

Yes it was Binfield road .David is jacqui's brother .He left the army and now lives in scarborough .

---------- Post added 22-06-2014 at 20:53 ----------

Hi duffems .Jacqui was delighted when I passed your message on. Iknow you were good friends at school and we all three used to hang around together in the playground .Jacui has a photo of us with hazel jepson and some others shes going to dig it out so we can have a look .Do you remember Margaret Memmot ? She lives in scarborough too .I met her for lunch some time ago and I took our old class photo .Between us we managed to name most of the class.

I also have a class photo of the Carfield Junior School 4A taken about 1961 (I think).

Hi granny twilli,

I too have a photo of us all on a climbing frame? I don't have the photo in front of me but, from memory, it has Hazel Jepson, Rita Gillott, Angela Wright, Elaine Smith, Pat Hides, Cheryl Renshaw, Jacqueline, yourself and myself, taken about 1961/2?

I recall the name Margaret Memmott but, not the face, sorry about that Margaret.

Regards,

Duffems

Archived