Did anyone here go to Wisewood Comp?

sark

I left wisewood around 1995, my form teacher was mr mcgreavy. I also remember, mr green (science, gorgeous, nice butt)! Mrs maud, mrs carheart german, mrs laycock, mr sisum (previous head teacher before laycock) hated that woman, she didn't allow the book black beauty in the library because she said it was racist??? The witch we called her. Dr wilcox Mr dodd and mr pashley. Mr dowd husband of mrs dowd the pe teacher. Mrs brett in english although i seem to remeber having a male english teacher? mrs sleaford taught history, mrs ashberry maths, mrs scott sciences.

Those were definatly the days!!

Mo Laycock was way over the top in her PC views and her methods for tackling racism and sexism actually did more harm than good.

I was and remain anti racist and I also agree with a lot of feminist ideas. However, when someone sees racism everywhere I can't take them seriously.

She would often ridicule innocent male pupils in front of female classmates simply because they were male. This is surely counterproductive and indicative of a personal grudge. Such behaviour is no substitute for reasoned debate.

Laycock was nothing other than a bully. She praised the bright kids and ignored those that needed help. In opinion she was a very paranoid woman. The respect that she claimed to have was only ever in her head, I knew no-one that had an ounce of respect for her only for the rules of the school. Aren't we glad we are free from her!!!

does anyone remember frankie ball the french teacher???

and the famous sean walker who said sorry to all his mates for not kicking mr turners head in?? yes we had good times at school, we all used to go to seans house for mad parties (when his mum and stepdad went away) those were the days

I left wisewood around 1995, my form teacher was mr mcgreavy. I also remember, mr green (science, gorgeous, nice butt)! Mrs maud, mrs carheart german, mrs laycock, mr sisum (previous head teacher before laycock) hated that woman, she didn't allow the book black beauty in the library because she said it was racist??? The witch we called her. Dr wilcox Mr dodd and mr pashley. Mr dowd husband of mrs dowd the pe teacher. Mrs brett in english although i seem to remeber having a male english teacher? mrs sleaford taught history, mrs ashberry maths, mrs scott sciences.

Those were definatly the days!!

Hi Kittenta,

You must have been in the same year as me - I was in Mrs Sleafords form. She's still there now.

I don't see anyone from school any more how about you? PM if you like.

Hi Sheff6er,

After digging out my year 11 report (oh dear) it seems I left in 1996. Although when I was there the groups that hung around were of mixed ages, more people knew of my brother to be honest but he left 5 years before me!

I was always told by our neighbour that if I didn't try my best at school I would always regret it and once i'd left school i'd do anything to go back there, i laughed, but how right was he!!!

• 2 months later...

Archived