Did anyone here go to Wisewood Comp?

sark

I worked at the school, on supply, when Charles Sisum was the head and I was happy to accept work offers there. He ran a disciplined, friendly school - appreciated my efforts - and to work in carpeted classrooms was a new experience for my many years in education.

I went to wisewood between 88-93.

Mrs Dowd was my favourite teacher/form teacher.

I hated going

I recall a lot of bullies during those years.

mmm, wonder if they still are?:roll::huh:

You must have been in my form then, i was at wisewood 88-93 and Mrs Dowd was my form teacher also. Small world:):)

I worked at the school, on supply, when Charles Sisum was the head and I was happy to accept work offers there. He ran a disciplined, friendly school - appreciated my efforts - and to work in carpeted classrooms was a new experience for my many years in education.

Sisum was an excellent head, everyone loved him, he was great. Can't remember why he left though :huh:

I believe he had a battle with illness. Nice to read your view of him was congruent (Maths' clue) with mine!

If I remember rightly, we were told something about him doing a job swop for a year. He was being a postman I believe and we were told he'd got a pretty bad dog bite too. Not sure how much truth was in that! He was a caring man who wanted happy pupils as well as sucessful ones. It is a shame a following head (Laycock) wasn't anywhere near as good.

Archived