Driveway help please

i have patterned concrete and my neighbour has block paving....every year she is out removing the weeds from the blocks....mine...never had to do that back breaking job in the 9 years i have had it, i know which one i would choose...xx

I think large areas of block paving and concrete can look really soulless and unless pervious then add to the drainage problems we have in our city.

Google driveway design. I think you might find some nice alternatives with borders which allow run off for the rain and it will be much nicer to look at and more drain friendly and it will save you pounds.

Not sure of the length the area is quiet vast really. I would like some greenery or barked aea. Gravel is nice but unfortunately some of the children that are in the area would have a field day kicking it ariund or worse throw at cars. Such a shame that the area pre-determunes what you can do to your own home!!

Dont suppose anyone can recommend people who do drives my husband will do all the labouring to reduce cost.

Thanks for your replies :-D

I think large areas of block paving and concrete can look really soulless and unless pervious then add to the drainage problems we have in our city.

Google driveway design. I think you might find some nice alternatives with borders which allow run off for the rain and it will be much nicer to look at and more drain friendly and it will save you pounds.

I think any driveway whether completely new or replacing an existing one now has to meet some drainage legislation..SUDS I think it's called..

Archived