Traveling where is best?

I want to travel for maybe a month with my family.

Me my partner and my 2 children aged 14 and 16.

Ideally I would like Manchester to perth/perth to Bali then back home.

July 20th onwards or maybe just before.

However the air tickets are so expensive and I wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to how we could do it cheaper or maybe a alternative place?

I'm open to any ideas.

Thankyou x:thumbsup:

Do you want to visit Perth, or is it just as a stop to Bali? You can't fly direct to Perth from the UK, so if it's just a stop off, there are many other, less well advertised, options.

For "complicated" holidays, its always worth going to an actual travel agent, as they know all the quirks & bargains.

I have some family in perth so yes I would like to stay.

And I would love to stay in Bali for a few weeks.

The Bali to perth part is around £350 1 way for 4

It's the rest what's really expensive.

It's just a option though.

Thank you for your reply x

I have some family in perth so yes I would like to stay.

And I would love to stay in Bali for a few weeks.

The Bali to perth part is around £350 1 way for 4

It's the rest what's really expensive.

It's just a option though.

Thank you for your reply x

How about an overlanding adventure in Africa? I have done one and it is amazing (and amazingly cheap!)

a month is not long for a truly long haul trip that incorporates Australia.

the most cost effective way to do this would be to route through Kuala Lumpur and use the excellent low cost airline Air Asia to get to Denpasar.

however there is no direct flight to Kuala Lumpur from Manchester any more. Therefore, unless you want to go via London, you will have to route through the Middle East, with Gulf, Emirates, and Etihad being the most likely airlines.

from Kuala Lumpur you can fly Air Asia to Denpasar. then after your Bali vacation, you can then connect through to Perth with Garuda or Jetstar airlines.

then after the Perth/western Australia part of the vacation, you can fly Air Asia again back to Kuala Lumpur to get back home.

so the flight plan would look like this if you chose Etihad as your main airline :

OUTWARD

Etihad Manchester - Abu Dhabi

Etihad Abu Dhabi - Kuala Lumpur

Air Asia Kuala Lumpur - Denpasar

Jetstar Denpasar - Perth

INWARD

Air Asia Perth - Kuala Lumpur

Etihad Kuala Lumpur - Abu Dhabi

Etihad Abu Dhabi - Manchester

I can't imagine attempting to make that inward journey with two kids, it'd be a complete nightmare.

You're talking over 24 hour travel time, it'd be horrible.

July 20th onwards or maybe just before.

You're talking about next year right, you don't think you'll get a decent priced ticket for those dates this year do you??

I can't imagine attempting to make that inward journey with two kids, it'd be a complete nightmare.

You're talking over 24 hour travel time, it'd be horrible.

You're talking about next year right, you don't think you'll get a decent priced ticket for those dates this year do you??

Kids are 14 and 16 though, so might be up for it. Personally, I would hate it, long haul is horrible, especially with transfers in the early hours no doubt...

Being 'up for it' and being calm, cool, co-operative and quiet after 20+ hours of travelling are completely different things tho.

There's nothing worse then trying to make a connection, in a foreign country, after a full day of travelling.

Wow

Some fantastic replys

Only just come in so I am going to have a good read through these tonight.

We are all very good at traveling and traveled to Cuba in October.

I guess also if London is a cheaper option I could do that also xx

---------- Post added 10-06-2014 at 18:48 ----------

How about an overlanding adventure in Africa? I have done one and it is amazing (and amazingly cheap!)

Could you give me a little more information on this 1 please.

:D

the party will be going to interesting places. I would just give it more time. like 6 or 9 weeks. 4 weeks is only barely enough time to just go to Australia to say hello to your relatives. Why confuse the issue with this trip to Bali.

Archived