Stephen Parkinson Smith

• 3 years later...

Stephen Parkinson Smith is my great grandfather. His son, Wilfred Parkinson Smith, is my grandfather and his son, Wilfred Smith is my father. I have a fair amount of information about Stephen. I would be happy to share it with you.

Hi - We are related but haven't quite figured it out yet. Cousins down the road I think. Your Grandfather Harvey was my Grandad Wilfred's brother. Your Dad and my Dad (Wilfred) must be cousins then. Our great-grandfather, Stephen, was born in 1875 in Sudbury, Derbyshire. His father is George Smith, also born in Derbyshire. Stephen married Deborah Eliza Whiffen (our great grandmother) in 1901. She was born in 1879 in Dorset. George Smith's father was John Smith, and was a tailor. Stephen spent about 16 years in the Royal Army and was wounded at the Relief of Kimberley during the Boer War. He also served in WW1. I have a lot of information about the Smiths. I am going away for a few days tomorrow but I promise I will let you know all I have when I get back. Do you have an email address? By the way, my name is Jacqueline (call me Jackie) and it is lovely to meet you. (Falapooh50@msn.com)