10% of the NHS budget spent on diabetes

'Those links' are 2014.

the link maybe 2014 but the the content is way out of date for the update Google Dr Bernstien Mayo clinic N.Y or Sheffield &Bradford Uni,now i have lived in London Ont (the home of Dr Banting)since 65 and we have one of the largest center in the world but even we will transplant a heart with no problem but are light years behind the states in many new medicines and treatments,and as i said it worked for me:|:|

I scanned through the article, does it say somewhere about how much is spent on diabetes treatment?

My brother is about ten stone wet through he has diabetes try and stop to think all people with diabetes are not obese

Since many of those suffering with Type 2 diabetes do so due to obesity and considering that it is mainly avoidable and reversible - should those who are overweight have more support and encouragement to improve their diet and take more exercise and be refused NHS care until they do so ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-27712381

Your comment sounds like a policy from the Third Reich, unsurprising given the source of your information.

As it happens most type 2 diabetics are that way due to genetics. I am type 2 diabetic and not overweight. Diabetes of either type is not reversible or curable once acquired it can only be managed, and without treatment it is a death sentence.

The government in its wisdom gives millions of pounds to alcoholics and drug abusers to support their habits. Diabetes whether Type 1 or 2 is a disease of the endocrine system. Alcohol and drug abuse are personal choices. So, who deserves to be left to die alcoholics and druggies most of whom cannot or will not work or diabetics? you choose.

But it could be said that no one is forcing those obese folk to eat these foods - they have a choice and could choose to eat less processed food and more fresh food should they really want to. Finances don't come into it since the advent of cheap shops such as Aldi and Lidl.

If it were as simple as that, it would have happened already. This is hugely complex social health issue which requires a response from several parties

Council (public health) NHS; food industry; education sector, etc

It's trite and unhelpful to blame individuals.

Your comment sounds like a policy from the Third Reich, unsurprising given the source of your information.

As it happens most type 2 diabetics are that way due to genetics. I am type 2 diabetic and not overweight. Diabetes of either type is not reversible or curable once acquired it can only be managed, and without treatment it is a death sentence.

The government in its wisdom gives millions of pounds to alcoholics and drug abusers to support their habits. Diabetes whether Type 1 or 2 is a disease of the endocrine system. Alcohol and drug abuse are personal choices. So, who deserves to be left to die alcoholics and druggies most of whom cannot or will not work or diabetics? you choose.

That depends on the cause of your diabetes, if it is caused by obesity, loosing weight and exercising more can reverse it.

Why not? Why should they not be encouraged to work hard and better themselves? Life is unfair, why deny it?

Why is life unfair?

---------- Post added 15-06-2014 at 12:08 ----------

If it were as simple as that, it would have happened already. This is hugely complex social health issue which requires a response from several parties

Council (public health) NHS; food industry; education sector, etc

It's trite and unhelpful to blame individuals.

At last! Some realistic, sensible comments on this subject.

More please! :)

---------- Post added 15-06-2014 at 12:12 ----------

I'm not going to follow the link because I am certain that the Telegraph are not interested in someone who has posted on the Tour de Yorkshire thread or whatever it's called and are thinking it's me. I just don't think they'd find it such a big story.:rolleyes: Now post me a link to the post(/s) you think I've written on a thread that is of little interest to me, and I'll have a gander.

---------- Post added 15-06-2014 at 01:47 ----------

:hihi:Watch it! Daven'll think me and thee are one and the same.

Come to think of it, perhaps I'm not that fat after all, maybe I really am several thinnish persons rolled in to one. :hihi:

Haha! To be honest, I don't give a monkeys if Daven think we're the same person. People usually make those kind of accusations when they're backed into a corner.

---------- Post added 15-06-2014 at 12:16 ----------

But it could be said that no one is forcing those obese folk to eat these foods - they have a choice and could choose to eat less processed food and more fresh food should they really want to. Finances don't come into it since the advent of cheap shops such as Aldi and Lidl.

No one forces a heroin addict to put the needle in their arm. No one wakes up in the morning and decides they're going to become an addict.

If it were as simple as people like you make out, there wouldn't be a problem.

My brother is about ten stone wet through he has diabetes try and stop to think all people with diabetes are not obese

Why did you quote me. I said nothing about obesity. :suspect:

---------- Post added 15-06-2014 at 20:59 ----------

Why not? Why should they not be encouraged to work hard and better themselves? Life is unfair, why deny it?

Fairness is a human concept. Since we can think about it, we should try to take reasonable steps to make things as fair as we can. Not increase the inherent lack of fairness.

Archived