Things they find totally illogical in modern life!

No self-scan tills ever seem to work reliably. "Unexpected item in the bagging area", anyone?

Self service tills should be resisted; if people imagine that the savings supermarkets will make by employing fewer till staff should think again, its just more money in shareholder pockets and a dehumanised shopping experience.

With all the technology floating about in space (I thinking primarily of Hubble here, as the rest of this post will explain as soon as I've closed the brackets again), has it still not been satisfactory explained why the Moon shines both in the daytime and in the night, whereas the Sun goes out every time it gets dark? :huh:

Personally, I'd've thought that the sun was the more powerful of the two ... forget your black holes, more research in this direction I think.

With all the technology floating about in space (I thinking primarily of Hubble here, as the rest of this post will explain as soon as I've closed the brackets again), has it still not been satisfactory explained why the Moon shines both in the daytime and in the night,

The Clangers are luminescent and glow in the dark obviously....:-)

If you want to discuss the moderation of this forum I contact the helpdesk.

:confused:Run that past us again?

---------- Post added 12-06-2014 at 22:48 ----------

Illogical : spending millions working out how to clone sheep when they all look the same anyway.

Self service tills should be resisted; if people imagine that the savings supermarkets will make by employing fewer till staff should think again, its just more money in shareholder pockets and a dehumanised shopping experience.

Dehumanising?

Do you feel like the self service till is sucking out your soul? Do you avoid being photographed for the same reason?

I always use self-service tills. In some supermarkets there are more of them than there are staffed tills. You can stand there and get rid of all your change. You don't have to keep telling the assistant that you don't need a bag and take the goods out of the bag s/he's given you because s/he's so dehumanised and isn't listening to what you're saying. Yes, you do get the unexpected item announcement but there's always a member of staff to key in that code.

Its always puzzled me too. Do they think someone will be put off suicide because of the hassle of having to make repeat purchases? There must be something I'm missing here?

Oh and heaven forbid people actually taking ownership of their lives and making decisions themselves without lefties telling us how to live our lives.

Smoking ban in pubs is one example.

No, the smoking ban is an example of the majority of the population having their rights protected from a minority.

Paracetamol sales are completely different.

Anyone who decides to commit suicide using paracetamol is either an idiot or must really hate themselves, it's an extremely painful and somewhat prolonged way to die.

No, the smoking ban is an example of the majority of the population having their rights protected from a minority.

Paracetamol sales are completely different.

Anyone who decides to commit suicide using paracetamol is either an idiot or must really hate themselves, it's an extremely painful and somewhat prolonged way to die.

Not if administered with a specially converted shotgun, using paracetamol tipped bullets. ;)

Archived