Things they find totally illogical in modern life!

The trouble with the rules about not buying more than a couple of packets of paracetamol or ibuprofen is that we've taken to shoving a packet of each into the basket every time we go to the supermarket just so that we don't run out and of course the result is we now have a massive stockpile in the cupboard.

Just out of interest, how will the self-service tills work when you have to pay for carrier bags? Will you be able to take your own bag, or will you automatically be charged extra for going to the self-service till? I tend to avoid them like the plague anyway but surely everyone else will as well if they have to pay extra to use it.

actually it would appear to be the case.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21370910

you can never stop someone determined to commit suicide but for someone making a cry for help then disrupting the process can give them time to rethink their situation and seek help or allow other agencies to intervene.

a paracetamol overdose isn't a quick or pleasant way to get to meet you maker so anything to reduce them must be a good thing

The evidence may not be that clear.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=17536874

Personally I'm willing to shoulder the occasional inconvenience if there is a possibility a few people can be saved from a particularly painful death.

jb

---------- Post added 17-06-2014 at 12:27 ----------

The trouble with the rules about not buying more than a couple of packets of paracetamol or ibuprofen is that we've taken to shoving a packet of each into the basket every time we go to the supermarket just so that we don't run out and of course the result is we now have a massive stockpile in the cupboard.

Just out of interest, how will the self-service tills work when you have to pay for carrier bags? Will you be able to take your own bag, or will you automatically be charged extra for going to the self-service till? I tend to avoid them like the plague anyway but surely everyone else will as well if they have to pay extra to use it.

I guess you'll just have to scan the bar code on the bag.

jb

Archived