Landlord's fury as benefits family behave like 'pack of wild animals.

There's a fair amount of shiny new metal on 4 wheels in the car park, some of which German-badged...just sayin'.

Since she moved in, the Benyon Estate has raised Lindsay’s rent from £668 a month to £796.

The average cost of a similar two-bedroom flat on Rightmove.com is nearly £2,000 a month.

Reminds me of when we lived in Dublin in 2004-2008, renting privately. Our rent was €1200 pm (was only raised once to €1250, after the 2nd year). Going market rate for same house/area was well north of €2200 during the same time. I don't know why we got ours so cheap, but then I was hardly going to volunteer paying the difference. We were lucky, and counted our blessings - so should these, by the sounds of it.

In context of thread...some neighbours (a few house over) who had been renting privately since November 2013 (IIRC) did a bunk-in-the-night last week. We only found out as the RSPCA had to break in for rescuing their two dogs last weekend (which they'd seemingly abandoned in the house, without food or water). Now, that was a young-ish (late 20s I'd say) couple with 2 weimaraners renting a 4 bed detached in the middle of an executive development. Not 'scrubber material' outwardly, and a desirable area. Just to show it can happen everywhere, anytime.

I almost pity the landlord, their front lounge has been destroyed by the 2 dogs (locked up in there most days). Almost: it doesn't look as if they knew anything about the renting game, because I'm absolutely sure that property had never been inspected since those guys moved in last year, and we have a feeling the renting was just being 'supervised' by local relatives in their absence. Who just turned up last Sunday morning and, from their reaction, only just then learned that the tenants had disappeared and what state the house was left in.

Imagine the cheek of that Landlord expecting the going rate.

We would all like to live in properties that far exceed our affordability, but we can't, so boohoo. They should think themselves lucky to have lived such a life of riley for so long.

Just the market correcting itself with a little push from the Landlord.

Buy to letters are probably getting out because they feel that the property bubble has peaked and has become too risky, especially in the London market, landlords are not nice people in my experience.

But I maintain that those properties will still exist and will be occupied with or without buy to let landlords, it is good if what you're saying about them 'getting out', hopefully some of them will be able to use their ill gotten gains for something of use to society instead of something damaging to society next time.

Why , because we invest our money in property with the aim of making as much profit as possible. ?

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with this is that, so far in this thread, people are saying landlords are providing a service, but they are also saying they want to make as much profit as possible? Therefore it’s likely that landlords are pricing themselves out of the market and this seems to be the case highlighted in the media. On the other hand landlords generally don't want to house DHSS and usually reply with such retorts as, "There's always someone else to take your place." So if that’s the case what are they moaning about? It’s bit of a non-thread aimed at nothing more than trying inflame public opinion against the unemployed, which is probably having the opposite impact than intended.

Like all good business investments, the entrepreneur simply has to provide the solution to a desperate problem experienced by many people. Housing falls into that category. Just one of many opportunities in this world which guarantees a fat profit. It's really not a big deal.

Like all good business investments, the entrepreneur simply has to provide the solution to a desperate problem experienced by many people. Housing falls into that category. Just one of many opportunities in this world which guarantees a fat profit. It's really not a big deal.

So why don't you do it?

Somehow, I thought that would be right up your street!

I thought you were suppose to be on holiday, Coutts?

So why don't you do it?

Somehow, I thought that would be right up your street!

I thought you were suppose to be on holiday, Coutts?

I can't tell you exactly when I'm on holiday, don't want to attract burglars init. My factory wages sadly won't afford me an investment property.

Archived