Landlord's fury as benefits family behave like 'pack of wild animals.

Oh what a let down you are, raising all my expectations and all. You are just going to have to find a good woman who will lend you the money.

I can't believe you only want me for my portfolio poppet, what about our love? You will do well to remember that a portfolio of 100 rental properties is only as stable as the interest rate and the wronguns on the AST. Either of which can kick off at a moments notice.

I can't believe you only want me for my portfolio poppet, what about our love? You will do well to remember that a portfolio of 100 rental properties is only as stable as the interest rate and the wronguns on the AST. Either of which can kick off at a moments notice.

You mean like this couple. Is this you Coutts?

Eh, up if these two are selling up then something must be afoot.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/jul/07/britains-biggest-buy-to-let-landlords-sell-entire-portfolio

You mean like this couple. Is this you Coutts?

Eh, up if these two are selling up then something must be afoot.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/jul/07/britains-biggest-buy-to-let-landlords-sell-entire-portfolio

Nothings afoot, Fergus has done his time that's all, wants to sell up to realise all that lovely profit without the hassle. Who could blame him.

Nothings afoot, Fergus has done his time that's all, wants to sell up to realise all that lovely profit without the hassle. Who could blame him.

If he had just bought land instead, he wouldn't have had:

1. Hassle from any tenants

2. No void periods

3. Not had to pay any council tax during the void periods.

4. No repairs

I'm learning from you Coutts.

Ah, bliss. :)

If he had just bought land instead, he wouldn't have had:

1. Hassle from any tenants

2. No void periods

3. Not had to pay any council tax during the void periods.

4. No repairs

I'm learning from you Coutts.

Ah, bliss. :)

What would be the fun in that? The whole point of property investment is to earn whilst you earn. It's like you're being paid to get richer. If you want to buy £200k of gold, you have to spend £200k. but if you want to own £200k of property, you only have to spend £50k. How amazing is that! I can't believe more people don't do it to be honest. I guess people don't like vast amounts of free money over a couple of decades.

What would be the fun in that? The whole point of property investment is to earn whilst you earn. It's like you're being paid to get richer. If you want to buy £200k of gold, you have to spend £200k. but if you want to own £200k of property, you only have to spend £50k. How amazing is that! I can't believe more people don't do it to be honest. I guess people don't like vast amounts of free money over a couple of decades.

What are you talking about? :confused: Land prices increase significantly. Why do you think large building firms sit on land for many years once they have acquired it?

Land increases in price just like property, especially in London.

The same with your gold example, a few years ago gold increased significantly, that's why there were all those advertisements on TV.

What are you talking about? :confused: Land prices increase significantly. Why do you think large building firms sit on land for many years once they have acquired it? Land increases in price just like property, especially in London The same with your gold example, a few years ago gold increased significantly, that's why there were all those advertisements on TV.

Good job I've got you to guide me in the right direction.

Archived