Landlord's fury as benefits family behave like 'pack of wild animals.

AT LAST! Someone with some sense.

No, I'm the one with the sense. What is typical is 'Buy to Let ' landlords.

They have to contend with tenants, repairs, void rental periods and council tax.

Just buy land, then sit on it. That way you avoid all this hassle. :D

No, the scrounger who produced nothing and thought he'd use a buy to let mortgage to screw the system.

He spent £5000 and produced an otherwise uninhabitable property for a family. Taking out a mortgage is not "screwing" the system otherwise you wouldn't be able to do it. Are you thinking these responses through. I don't think you are.

He spent £5000 and produced an otherwise uninhabitable property for a family. Taking out a mortgage is not "screwing" the system otherwise you wouldn't be able to do it. Are you thinking these responses through. I don't think you are.

It's just the usual stupid jealous people criticising the landlord of all people in this. Just ignore their trolling comments.

I can't really talk, I'm not brave enough to let to DWP, although students have their moments.

It's just the usual stupid jealous people criticising the landlord of all people in this. Just ignore their trolling comments.

I can't really talk, I'm not brave enough to let to DWP, although students have their moments.

Yes, right on the mark as always RJ. More proof as if any were needed, Ron won't let to those on benefits so that's another Landlord who's obviously been put off in the past from hearing about such cases. it's only going to get worse. Demand is going to far outweigh supply. There will be trouble ahead.

He may have spent £5000 on it but holding property to ransom and charging an extortionate rent, he certainly wasn't doing it out of altruistic goodwill.

It would have been better for him to do something creative with his spare cash and leave the property to be used as a home for someone and not somewhere some poor sod has to put up with for some greedy little sods benefit.

Taking out a mortgage with the intention of taking advantage of someone or a benefits system seems like an abhorrent act to me, and I don't think people should be able to do it. The whole thing has played havoc with the cost of housing and has quite frankly created an overheated market.

He may have spent £5000 on it but holding property to ransom and charging an extortionate rent, he certainly wasn't doing it out of altruistic goodwill.

It would have been better for him to do something creative with his spare cash and leave the property to be used as a home for someone and not somewhere some poor sod has to put up with for some greedy little sods benefit.

Taking out a mortgage with the intention of taking advantage of someone or a benefits system seems like an abhorrent act to me, and I don't think people should be able to do it. The whole thing has played havoc with the cost of housing and has quite frankly created an overheated market.

It's easy to paint every btl landlord as an evil Victorian mill owner twirling his moustache but the couple I've spoken to did because their pensions were likely to be worth sod all and this gave them an income in their twilight years.

He bought a dilapidated property that nobody else wanted or they would have bought it. Someone who wants to buy a home to live in will always be able to pay more than a landlord so evidently nobody else wanted it. He refurbished the property, brought it up to standard, added value, created a lovely family home and made it available to the council, arranged to take receipt of the going market rate agreed with by the council, so not an extortionate rate but the going rate. So he did do something creative, he created a home which otherwise would not have been available to a homeless family.

Tell me, do you often grab at straws this desperately?

Of course those photographs haven't been tampered with. These comments are just getting more ridiculous by the minute.

It's crazy, people start threads on this forum about their house being burgled where less than £500 of easily replaceable items have been stolen and everyone is up in arms offering their support and empathy. Yet when a nice man has his entire property destroyed by benefits tenants, nothing. Like I said, you couldn't make it up.

I think your just a troll TBH pal.

I gave you the option of being naive earlier,I take that back,you would have to be stupid,to believe journalists don't jazz stories up.:o

Have you ever met a reporter?:|

****Breaking news*****

The daily mail sometimes manipulate stories(and thats putting it nicely)

This poor landlord had even refurbished the property at a cost of £5000 before they even moved in just so he could make their stay a more pleasant one.

He did not "refurbish" the property, he "spent £5,000 renovating property".

It sounds like a made up story to me.

He spent £5000 on the property, not furniture. So it sounds like it was let unfurnished, but the story give very little detail.

Spending £2,000 after a tenant leaves may only ammount to a couple of months rent, so he would surely have made a profit?

Archived