Thinking of a career change..

I'm fast approaching 32 but keep thinking about doing something else in life, I've been in the motortrade 16 years now but fancy learning some new skills. I've been looking into possibly becoming a locksmith...

I've been on the MLA website where there is loads of info however I would like some of the people in the trade opinions?

Anybody willing to let me tag along in the evening/weekends to see if it's a trade I would like to invest in? Can offer diagnostic checks etc in exchange :)

As already said, do it! After 30 years in the building trade, and having worked all over the world, I suddenly thought "I've had enough of this" and at 46 years old changed careers. It was the best move I've ever made. GO FOR IT.

Thanks for the positive replies! :-)

I do like my job but the motor trade compared with other trades is very much the underdog. The amount of tools and knowledge needed to work on today's cars is getting beyond a joke. I wouldn't mind if the pay reflected this but it doesn't...

Well there's plenty of courses to do but I suppose the biggest battle is gathering the experience!

If any lock smiths would like a 'lad' and would let me rude along to see what's involved in general then please get in touch.

Archived