When do you change your rado tax if you got your new disc early?

Wrong, a tax disc renewal clearly states a "run from" date its just not stated on the disc itself.

The really pedantic answer is to display both discs and remove the old one some time after it expires. It's an offence not to have a valid disc on display, but it's not an offence to have an expired one in addition to a valid one.

I've never heard of anyone being prosecuted for replacing the old disc with the new one before the "change-over" date, but in theory it could happen.

The really pedantic answer is to display both discs and remove the old one some time after it expires. It's an offence not to have a valid disc on display, but it's not an offence to have an expired one in addition to a valid one.

I've never heard of anyone being prosecuted for replacing the old disc with the new one before the "change-over" date, but in theory it could happen.

The disc you get from the DVLA isn't invalid though. It's issued only because you have a disc already so it'll run for more than twelve months but they know you currently have a valid disc, and that you havent send it back for cancellaion.

The disc you get from the DVLA isn't invalid though. It's issued only because you have a disc already so it'll run for more than twelve months but they know you currently have a valid disc, and that you havent send it back for cancellaion.

I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for changing the disc early, but I have been told by reliable sources that techically the new disc isn't valid until its start date. I assume a police officer who notices a car with a disc that hasn't started yet would check the database before ticketing it.

I think the only visual inspection they do is to check the month to see if it's in date.

If you're doing street after street after street of cars you're not going to want to scrutinise every disc so closely, it's just a waste of time.

They might just drive down with an ANPR car and wait for a ping noise to tell them they've found something.

Archived