Looking for relations of Edwin Beach born in Brawell in 1911

I can tell you that Edwins parents were Richard Beach and Ann Catherine Jones. In 1911 they lived Church Street, Bradwell - children Richard 10, Mary 14, Edward 9, Merion 1 and baby Edwin 7 months.

In 1901 they are living in Wales and there are three more older children in 1901 Matilda age 5, Annie M age 4 and Robert D age 3

Richard is a baby of 3 months

It states that Richard born 1872 is a stone cutter and born Great Bridge, Staffordshire. Ann catherine born 1870 born in Wales

I think this is Richards burial

BEACH, Richard (Stone man, age 70).

Died at City General Hospital; Buried on November 8, 1941 in General Portion ground;

Grave Number 2784, Section F of City Road Cemetery, Sheffield.

Ann Catherines burial

BEECH, Ann Catherine (Widow, age 75).

Died at 1 Motehall Place; Buried on February 17, 1945 in General Portion ground;

Grave Number 2784, Section F of City Road Cemetery, Sheffield.

Looking at the births index, Richard Beach's entry of July-September 1871 is in the name Beech, and this is how he appears in the 1881 census, as a 9 year-old living with his aunt and uncle, William and Matilda Hall in his hometown of West Bromwich. Ten years later, Richard Beach is shown as a "boatman", this time living in lodgings in West Bromwich. He married Ann Catherine Jones at Pontypridd in 1894 and the 1901 census finds Richard, Ann and family at Llanidloes in mid-Wales as smary wrote.

thanks for replying Merion was my farther in regards to Ann Catherin I can remember that anty May lived at 1 Motehall Place is this Mary Beach and ither Edwin or Edwerd lived on the corner of Motehall road and Motehall Place is this correct

The 1942 directory shows "Edwin Beach, bricklayer" as the householder of 28b Motehall Road which was on the corner of Motehall Place. He had evidently married Mary Childs in 1936 and a likely child of the marriage is David Beach, born July-Sept. 1944. Edwin had left the Motehall Place address by 1953. The deaths index shows an Edwin Beach, born 24 August 1910, who died in Sheffield in July 1994.

Archived